cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well done pcsni, you've just lost yourself a customer

N/A

Thanks for locking my previous post. I spent half an hour searching through p2p threads before deciding they did not address my problem. My problem is an immediate speed drop when switching to PlusNet, without any apparant bandwidth throttling, and strange results on the eMule port test.

Your phone support is poor during the day, I can't get through to speak to anyone.

I've been on Plusnet for 2 hours and I've decided I've had enough. Time for a better ISP.
26 REPLIES
N/A

He dos'nt work for PlusNet but I'll agree he seems to be locking threads for no reason Sad
N/A

Hi there,

I am sorry you feel that my locking of your post was unnecessary.

I do not work for Plus Net. I am a customer who is also a forum moderator.

As I am sure you have seen, there are many threads discussing P2P apps, speeds etc. I locked the thread in an attempt to focus the relevant issues in as close to one place as possible. I am in no way trying to stifle debate or detract from your issue.

I am simply trying to keep the similar issues in one place so that relevant information is available in as close to one location as we can get.

There seems to be a number of issues regarding speed etc at present and it would be beneficial to all if the answers where in one place.

I am sorry if my actions have annoyed you. That was not my intention.

I hope that your issue can be resolved quickly.
LiamM
Grafter

As a fellow moderator I both support and understand Mark's actions. Multiple threads on the same subject only serve to cause confusion to other users and end up with no real response from Plusnet or acknowledgement at all.

We're trying to make the forums more accessible and easy to use for everyone, and as a result we're having to crack down on excess threads of the same subject.
N/A

On the contrary, i feel that my issue is different enough to other P2P threads such that if I were to add it to another thread and people were to reply, it would not be easy to navigate the discussion as the thread would be switching between the issues without any real order. This would create more confusion than posting the query in a separate thread.

Sometimes you can group P2P issues together, but it would be foolish to try and stick everything in one thread. You need to consider each issue on its own merits.
N/A

post subject

i also agree with the 2 mods this p2p thing is getting tiresome the
web can be useful for all things other than trying to download half of it
and patience is needed
N/A

If you lock a thread because you think they are lots of threads discussing the same problem then you may want to add a link to a couple of them.

It's seems as if what you think is the same other people think is different.

So a few links to threads that you think are the same might help.

Just a thought.
LiamM
Grafter

That is what we normally do.
N/A

why not put up a main page where you could catorgorise different threads,
N/A

nobbyvialli,

In principle it sounds a good idea, but honestly where would you start? there are so many different topics, it would be difficult to control.

nightguy1979, I think you need to go easy on pcsni, he's a good guy, and he's learning the ropes. He's intention was right.
N/A

I am simply trying to keep the similar issues in one place so that relevant information is available in as close to one location as we can get.

Why don't you merge them all then Wink

never seen so many mods at once Wink
Community Veteran

Not sure what you are suggesting, however I think you mean a list of threads on each of the current issues, if so that's a good idea maybe someone could do one and the mods could sticky it?
N/A

there seems to be a lot of threads spread over different sections that refer to problems with download speeds and connection rates, as a customer who is also affected by these i thought it might be an idea to make a section specific to these for pn users to share problems or solutions
Community Veteran

There are -
The ADSL forum for ADSL related issues eg contention, LLU, Virtual Paths.
The Computers forum for Hardware Issues eg router or modem caused issues.
The Customer Feedback forum for all PlusNet related issues eg throtling
The Everything Internet forum for other Internet related things eg discussions on p2p sites.

There are plenty of forums available and a search facility should you need an answer on a subject that you think has already been covered.

Chris
N/A

have a look through these and others and you will find topics that repeat themselves, perhaps you could move these to the correct forum
the Customer Feedback and the ADSL forum seem to be the same