Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well done Plusnet

Golferpete
Grafter

Well done Plusnet

Hi +Net
I have not long joined +net and have read all the bad doings of +net in the forums but so far I am very pleased with them,If you think things are bad on +net just try (Tiscali) I had a 512k connection but got a dail up speed then upgraded to 2mb and got a 512k connection I keep on complaining for 4mths then they sent me a letter saying they had found the fault and had upgraded my local exchange,but still had very poor speeds so gave them a mths notice by T&C, it took 3 mths for them to imform BT, and £22 40 of phone calls to them from me to CS then they had the cheek to bill me for the 3mths and a email saying sorry I was leaveing and hope I would return in the future,after a legal letter they forwent the 3mths bill,saying they had lost my cancelation order in accounts !!,anyway I think alot of ISP's are like this
so dont knock +net to much it go's on.
Thanks
Peter.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Well done Plusnet

thing is they can only keep knocking off the top 10% for so long, once the top 10% of users go, management'll be calling for the necks of the next load of 'heavy users'...
N/A

Well done Plusnet

That would depend on what is a "heavy" user, I would class my self as a "heavy" user as I am on the net at least 8 hours a day, I work from home and am sending emails with attachments as well as listening to the radio and surfing, yet my usage is about 4Gb a month. So I would love to know how people can justify downloads of 150+Gb a month. Why should my service suffer because others want to hog all the bandwidth. All that will happen is that as soon as the high users move to another ISP that ISP will no doubt implement an usage policy at a later date to protect the majority of it's customers. All I can say is keep up the good +net, I am a happy customer.
Golferpete
Grafter

Well done Plusnet

Well said,I agree that heavy downloaders make it slower for us lite users and I agree with the cut off time after 30mins when we are not at our Pc for hours on end glad to give other users more speed.
Peter.
N/A

Well done Plusnet

I thought a contended service was contended at the exchange?
Is that not true?

Cos I doubt my downloading would affect others unless they were connected at my exchange, thats what I thought thye meant by 20:1 or 50:1.

You guys going on about this "I dont want my speeds to drop cos of you lot" your just like the local authorities, people like me (no kids big house) are funding the lesser earning workers and being fleeced because we looked after our money and invested rather then pee'ing the money in a pub every night, so my point is if I pay for something advertised as such that is what I should get and I will use it as such, PN are now changing the goal posts as per usual cos they dont want to invest more money in networking infrastructure, they are in reality a product of their own success, have now realised this and dont want a customer who is gonna use too much bandwidth, even though they are entitled to it!

Everyone is just looking for PN to come out and say dont do more then ??GB per month but as usual they are scared in case they turn off a load of people!

PN dont want to appear to be capping they say there is no cap but actually there is, so get off you rocking horse about your service being affected. I work from home too, during the day the service is really good, but when 5pm hits its damn slow web sites as well as usenet.

Its like everything else banks, etc if everyone d/l 100GB per month this network would fall over.

I said it before but the premier accounts are too cheap and that is why they are so popular and why they are trying to get rid of customers that expect some VFM.

Suzanne
N/A

The old usage one again!

I haven't been with Plusnet long but apart from the odd connection drop I've been very happy. I am a pretty heavy user (40-50gig in a bad month) partly because I beta test games for some of the very big game makers, only part time voluntary stuff and of course a bit of filesharing - well lets not insult each others intelligence here, most internet user do this to some extent or another.

I am on the BBPrem package and I have to say that I am happy for them to "Traffic Shape" mainly because of the shift's that I do (24hr IT Helpdesk!) I sometimes forget to switch off BitComet at peak times so if Plusnet basically through their "Traffic Shaping" do this for me then I'm more than happy for them to do so. I online game a lot (BF2 at the mo) and would hate to see a lot of lag in game because the bandwidth has been taken over by people inconsiderately file sharing etc. during the peak times.

The other thing I have noticed in these forums is that nobody seems to have pointed out that if you are downloading large files from legitimate site, from proper servers irrelevant of what time of day it is the speeds are on the whole very good.

Live and let live I say. The Internet is for EVERYONE! Good job so far Plusnet
(far better that Don't - WANADOO).
N/A

Well done Plusnet

i however work normal hours

i however play bf2

i however download less than 10gb on average

i however do not agree

i however are unhappy for them to do this

i however am voting with my feet

i however am feeling da love on this forum!

I am on the BBPrem package and I have to say that I am happy for them to "Traffic Shape" mainly because of the shift's that I do (24hr IT Helpdesk!) I sometimes forget to switch off BitComet at peak times so if Plusnet basically through their "Traffic Shaping" do this for me then I'm more than happy for them to do so. I online game a lot (BF2 at the mo) and would hate to see a lot of lag in game because the bandwidth has been taken over by people inconsiderately file sharing etc. during the peak times
Pathfinder
Grafter

Well done Plusnet

It's pronounced "Lurve". :lol:
N/A

Well done Plusnet

At the end of the day those who don't like the new T&C's can vote with their feet and move on, thats what the market economy is all about. I didnt like my last isp and they could not offer me what I needed so I moved. Now AOL are offering uncapped usage at reasonable prices so why are you all not migrating there? Others also offer uncapped service so whay are the people all still here, it is not because you all feel oliged to stay, +net are a service provider if you don't like that service move on, just as you would with an energy supplier or a mobile phone supplier. If you really think they are not doing what they should be then stand up and take them to court. Why can't people start putting their money where their mouth is, taking someone to the small claims court is no big hassle. The reason why people don't is because they know +net is trying to protect a service for all their customers at a fair price and have given people notice about the T&C's in the correct way. I only migrated about 4 weeks ago, just b4 the new T&C's were announced, I could have easily walked away, but I didnt, because I will be a part of the 90% + of customers who will benefit from it.
N/A

Well done Plusnet

It's pronounced "Lurve". :lol:

hi weyoftheweb can u copy and paste the code for your sig need to add it to mine - thx

i am glad that things have worked out for u transmac, and i hope things do really get better for the others left behind, i am sad in a sad way to leave plusnet as some of the people on these forums can present a real good debate etc. Unfortunatley i have to leave, for my own reasons.
Pathfinder
Grafter

Well done Plusnet

Unhappy to be on plusnet Premier. Feeling the lurve.

Snigger :lol:, you kids!

Ah well, for every Yin there is a Yang I suppose.
N/A

Well done Plusnet

thx for the code, i am unhappy, however i have shown this, and i am leaving, but i dont have to make this a sad place, its fun on here!

glad you like my new sig even tho u made it :-)
Pathfinder
Grafter

Well done Plusnet

glad you like my new sig even tho u made it :-)

The invoice for the design is on its way to your postal address. All major credit cards accepted. :roll: