cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well Done Moderators and Tutorial Team

Alecto
Grafter

Just thought I'd say Well Done to the Moderators and Tutorial Team for the superb way in which they have handled the issue of Plusnet's potentially moving some people on to a separate pipe.

Again and again they have patiently answered the same questions, separated the facts from the froth, and put up with unwarranted abuse, even in one case being called parrots and puppets.

One correspondent admitted that he couldn't be bothered to read all the posts and asked somebody to summarise it for him. And they did!

A list of FAQs has been put up, but rather than read it people keep on asking the same questions and talking about caps, promises of unlimited service etc etc etc.

And it's still going on, though by now nobody's saying anything new.

Good work lads, but isn't there a stage where, in the interests of your own sanity you say "Enough is enough" and close the topic off?
24 REPLIES
N/A

One correspondent admitted that he couldn't be bothered to read all the posts and asked somebody to summarise it for him. And they did!

If you are refering to my post - which started the What's the cap then discussion - I posted this before clear facts had actually emerged about the PN cap.
N/A

Re: Well Done Moderators and Tutorial Team

.....Good work lads, but isn't there a stage where, in the interests of your own sanity you say "Enough is enough" and close the topic off?
But that is the beauty of forums, and what makes Plusnet stand out from many other ISPs. People know they can rant, rave, praise, say what they want over and over again - get things off their chest, if you like. And especially with PN, you know that some one is listening and will respond if they have anything relevant to add.

It can appear repetitive sometimes, but you can choose what to read (or not) and, to put the boot on the other foot, how would you feel if topics started to become 'banned' , especially if it was something you wanted to raise issue with.

It's everyone to their own, enjoy what is there.
N/A

Just thought I'd say Well Done to the Moderators and Tutorial Team for the superb way in which they have handled the issue of Plusnet's potentially moving some people on to a separate pipe.

Thank You Cheesy It's nice to have some praise.

Aaron
Community Veteran

You should also include the usergroup in this list as there has been a lot of discussions on this subject 'behind the scenes' and a number of usergroup members have contributed to the discussions (who are not mods or tut members).
N/A

Peter,

that is a fair point, but in his defence, within the forums it's not always obvious how much involvement the user group has had in any descisions that Plus Net have taken.

Aaron
serenityvalley
Grafter

and put up with unwarranted abuse, even in one case being called parrots and puppets.

Yes and it's not like any of those awful leechers had to put up with any derogatory labels...

:roll:
N/A

In the case of banning subjects, that is soemthing we would never do. However, i do agree subjects do have a "shelf life", but you can usualy tell when these are approaching, as things slowly turn sour (bad joke I hear from the crowd).

All the same, it's true.

Just because none have been locked though, it doesn't mean they are not being watched.

There have been comments said in the past three weeks, that where not appropriate and have been dealt with, but done so in the interest of allowing debate to continue.

Yes and it's not like any of those awful leechers had to put up with any derogatory labels...

I hear you, and yes it is true what you are aiming at with that comment.

However, such comments are coming from those that are misinformed, or based only only the facts they understand. Quite frankly, we have tried to correct where possible those posters too, and not just preached the prayer to "the leechers" as you call them.
N/A

If you are refering to my post - which started the What's the cap then discussion - I posted this before clear facts had actually emerged about the PN cap.

it sounds like the person that is accusing this has not read all the posts properly themselves.... :!: :roll: :roll:

acarr: However, such comments are coming from those that are misinformed, or based only only the facts they understand. Quite frankly, we have tried to correct where possible those posters too, and not just preached the prayer to "the leechers" as you call them.

Wink well done, a moderater that can give balanced opinions :lol:

yorkiepudd

Well done, an excellent post m8
lowry
Grafter

Thanks for the kind comments, it's nice to get some feedback. I would also like to say that the usergroup and the moderators do a great job, and I'm sure everyone is very grateful for their time and effort.

matt Wink
N/A

Agreed, youre doing a fantastic job guys!

The whole capping issue has been a delicate one and potentially a PR disaster but youve kept your cool, been patient and understanding. Bravo. Smiley

Keep up the good work.
N/A

I don't want to drag this all up again but in my opinion PN have done nothing but issue vague statements and refused to answer direct questions regarding this issue. and most of the moderators and tutorial team (whatever that is) have just towed the company line and appear to have no real viewpoints outside the vague official plusnet policy. If plusnet started burning down orphanages we'd probably still see the same defences.
N/A

If plusnet started burning down orphanages we'd probably still see the same defences.

Thats a bit unfair.

In my time on these boards i have seen each of the Mods / TTM's raise issues or point out mistakes with Plus Net.

They dont just take the 'Party Line'.

Some have openly and vociferously criticised Plus Net when and where necessary.

These are normal punters like us who are entitled to an opinion.

To make a sweeping statement like that is not reasonable.

Mark
N/A

Someone always has to spoil the party :roll:

Fruitbat04, I know your not a happy bunny, but don't you think that's touch much......"burning down orphanages" ..... whatever next. :shock:

As for mods and tutorial team members, we are free-willed peopled just like yourself who have a voice and will use it. We don't just toe the line, but we can understand why some decisions have been taken and have to be taken.

Aaron
N/A

the admins & moderators have done a great job keeping things calm and explaining things, big thumbs up to them Smiley
but how exactly are the tutorial group doing a good job by simply repeating plusnets vague answers?.. lol