cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well 2005 was a bad year for PN;

Community Veteran

I reckon 2006 is going to be a great year.

With Stew; Ian; Dave; Ben; Jon; Neil; and James from Metronet as well as everyone else in CS (Richard; Phil (The resident "know it all (in the nicest possible way ;-) )

They're gonna be unbeatable.
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

N/A

2005 was great year for PN. It was bad year for PN users.
kitz
Rising Star

Community Veteran

2005 was great year for PN. It was bad year for PN users.

lol; but if it's a bad year for user satisfaction goes down and in turn people will leave (as we saw)...
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 8

Incorrect link URL under Ian.

Should be

http://usergroup.plus.net/news_prodigal.php

Maurice.
Community Veteran

I know; they seem to have changed it I didn't edit it as Peter had posted the new link...
N/A

Super news. Cheesy
N/A

This is really good news. Smiley Smiley

Happy Christmas to all.
Neil_A
Grafter

I think the title of this thread is misleading. 2005 was not a bad year.

For the vast majrity of our customers it was a great year - free speed upgrades and a great new price point of £14.99 along with new portal tools and free VoIP calls from PlusNet. We wouldn't have more than 150,000 broadband customers and one of the lowest churn rates in the industry if it was a bad year.

Clearly it was a bad year for a small number of customers who had to find another ISP who could better suit their downloading habits. It was also not great that some customers were caught up in us dealing with the heavy users.

I hope you'll all agree that Stewart and the comms team have been making big improvements in the way we interact with our customers and the community over the last three months. In the new year you'll see this getting even better and PlusNet will go from strength to strength.

I'm confident that 2006 will be a fantastic year for our customers. Ian coming back will be a big help and he'll part of the team that is commited to ensuring that our customers are the happiest in the industry and we're the number one recommended ISP.

Merry Christmas ;-)
N/A

I hope you'll all agree that Stewart and the comms team have been making big improvements in the way we interact with our customers and the community over the last three months. In the new year you'll see this getting even better and PlusNet will go from strength to strength.

Of that Neil, there is no doubt.

Happy Christmas. Smiley
Community Veteran

I think the title of this thread is misleading. 2005 was not a bad year.

Not intentionally. However imo it was a bad year because of all the argument and upset.

For the vast majrity of our customers it was a great year - free speed upgrades and a great new price point of £14.99 along with new portal tools and free VoIP calls from PlusNet. We wouldn't have more than 150,000 broadband customers and one of the lowest churn rates in the industry if it was a bad year.

Yip; although I'm not using plustalk yet my 2mb is fab; when do we get 8+ :razz:

If I didn't say I agreed I'd be lying ;-)

I'm confident that 2006 will be a fantastic year for our customers. Ian coming back will be a big help and he'll part of the team that is commited to ensuring that our customers are the happiest in the industry and we're the number one recommended ISP.

I do hope so!

Merry Christmas ;-)

To you to! btw did you ever get those light bulbs?

Anyhow 3 cheers for 2006

hip hip
N/A

A New Hope (reference intended)

Neil said

I'm not going to argue with that. BUT:

You must raise your game. If 2006 continues like the last four months then too many of your customers will be unhappy, and you know what that means.

I know, dear reader, you're thinking I'm feeling sorry for PN or going soft. Not so.

I have immense respect for the capabilities of the equipment. Hey, I have to take a cold shower after reading some of the documents on the Ellacoya website... Go and look for yourselves.

If you read these documents carefully, like this or that then you notice one glaring thing.

EDIT: fixed a bit of "this" and "that".

Ellacoya talk about all of the benefits for users on the end of their lines, like "mitigating network attacks", "prevents un-attended application traffic from unduly hogging resources", and "when providers leverage application and subscriber visibility to intelligently extend their network, offering new service plans." Most tellingly:
Mitigating the spread of network attacks and providing subscribers with the tools to fix their own systems results in considerable savings from reduced customer service calls, as well as reduced operational staff time dedicated to responding to attacks.

Neil (may I call you Neil?) if the Ellacoyas do have that Network Intrusion Manager module then there is your USP. You have a solution here to

• the most dangerous features of the internet other than phishing,
  • greater and greater demand for expensive pipes by fewer "leveraging" customers
  • the "one size fits all" lack of differentiation in packages, giving you only price as a USP

Plusnet have clearly "got" the last two, but missed just how important the first one is. It's the one that will sell Plusnet for you to worried users who want reassurance. Make more of it, and Plusnet will be a company I'dbuy shares in.

Please listen to your User Group. They do know what they are talking about. Unless you want to pay TNS loadsamoney for MR then they and fora are your reality check.

EDIT: no jokes, NIM correcly identified Not just to bump the thread, I can assure you.
Community Veteran

Just a thought but Ian will need to update his website now:

http://ianwild.com/pasturesnew/ :razz:

Andrew; everyone else calls Neil; Neil ;-)
N/A

2005 started well im sure. I joined in April after a lot of research and assurances from PN staff that the service was unlimited. Unfortunaetly that wasnt the case. Over zealous advertising attracted too many users who made the last 4 months unbearable for most of us. I got unbelievably fed up with trickling speeds when I had joined what I though was an unlimited/no restrictions service.

Im pleased to see the improvments but if there is any more tweaking/shaping at the expense of the moderate users like myself (30-40gb per month) then PN will lose a lot of people. As I have said before the bad PR plusnet had is not good for the company.

Good to see people power prevailing to some extent though