cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats - yet again !!!

kjaerligkatt
Grafter

Webstats - yet again !!!

OK, what's happening with webstats, and why can't we be kept aware of problems!!!

I posted a ticket 3 days ago indicating a problem (before anything was said on the service status page), and we were told that the problem would be fixed with a new webstat platform that went live on Monday I believe?

I've pretty much had no raw webstat logs for a week, I posted an update to my ticket yesterday morning - which took nearly 24 hours to answer, and then the answer is 'WE KNOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM' - and the ticket was closed by YOU. So, you accept there is a problem, and that you haven't resolved my missing stats and yet you still close the ticket.

IF YOU KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM, THEN WHY OH WHY DOESN'T IT SAY SO ON THE SERVICE STATUS PAGESHuh

It was only a couple of days ago that I posted on this forum asking it you could keep us up-to-date with problems, rather than pretend they don't exist until someone yells loud enough on this forum.

I, like many others, rely on your services. I accept that problems occur, but if you don't tell us about them in a timely fashion, then we can't make alternative arrangements during the outage.

This has been a bad start to 2003 - first Fax2Email, where it took nearly 2 weeks for you to admit that there was a problem with my Fax2Email and that my faxes were lost (and you then fell back on the T&Cs - I wasn't looking for a 100% guarantee that things couldn't be lost, just an honest evaluation of the situation with the service), then email problems (again, the cause was not yours, but you didn't keep us well informed as to the status of recovery) and now a webstat raw log service that appears to be non-existent.

I have only one plea - PlusNet are one of the few ISPs that seem to offer a genuine ongoing status facility. So PLEASE, keep us fully informed through it. By doing so, we are forewarned, can make contingencies and YOU will receive LESS support contacts.

Thanks for the great service, but there are still areas that can be improved Wink
2 REPLIES
fallingwaters
Grafter

RE: Webstats - yet again !!!

I agree entirely, Keep us up to date with known problems.

I posted to this forum last night, asking if there were still problems as the webstats had stopped again. The reply was

Yes, please raise the isue and we will take it from there with a view to perhaps offering more clarity on the issue.

Best Regards,

Dave Watson.

What does this mean Huh?

Why not just update the service status

Thanks
Bill

> OK, what's happening with webstats, and why can't we be kept aware of problems!!!
>
> I posted a ticket 3 days ago indicating a problem (before anything was said on the service status page), and we were told that the problem would be fixed with a new webstat platform that went live on Monday I believe?
>
> I've pretty much had no raw webstat logs for a week, I posted an update to my ticket yesterday morning - which took nearly 24 hours to answer, and then the answer is 'WE KNOW WE HAVE A PROBLEM' - and the ticket was closed by YOU. So, you accept there is a problem, and that you haven't resolved my missing stats and yet you still close the ticket.
>
> IF YOU KNOW THERE IS A PROBLEM, THEN WHY OH WHY DOESN'T IT SAY SO ON THE SERVICE STATUS PAGESHuh
>
> It was only a couple of days ago that I posted on this forum asking it you could keep us up-to-date with problems, rather than pretend they don't exist until someone yells loud enough on this forum.
>
> I, like many others, rely on your services. I accept that problems occur, but if you don't tell us about them in a timely fashion, then we can't make alternative arrangements during the outage.
>
> This has been a bad start to 2003 - first Fax2Email, where it took nearly 2 weeks for you to admit that there was a problem with my Fax2Email and that my faxes were lost (and you then fell back on the T&Cs - I wasn't looking for a 100% guarantee that things couldn't be lost, just an honest evaluation of the situation with the service), then email problems (again, the cause was not yours, but you didn't keep us well informed as to the status of recovery) and now a webstat raw log service that appears to be non-existent.
>
> I have only one plea - PlusNet are one of the few ISPs that seem to offer a genuine ongoing status facility. So PLEASE, keep us fully informed through it. By doing so, we are forewarned, can make contingencies and YOU will receive LESS support contacts.
>
> Thanks for the great service, but there are still areas that can be improved Wink
>

N/A

RE: Webstats - yet again !!!

Hi there,
Apologies for the communication not being as efficient as it should have been on this one.
We are however always looking into ways of improving the way we communicate with you -- especially with regards to systems like Service Status.
Your comments have been noted - I will ensure that our efforts are redoubled in this area.
Kind Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----