cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webstats stopped?

Community Veteran

Webstats stopped?

Morning Support

As well as the pre-loaded CGI Scrips fault that has affected my website It looks as though the Webstats have stopped working as well?

The last update was on 25th 2 days ago.
Normally my stats get updated at about 07:00 GMT each day.
This seems to be the same for both my sites and I know that there has been hits.
:confused:

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
17 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Webstats stopped?

> Morning Support
>
> As well as the pre-loaded CGI Scrips fault that has affected my website It looks as though the Webstats have stopped working as well?
>
> The last update was on 25th 2 days ago.
> Normally my stats get updated at about 07:00 GMT each day.
> This seems to be the same for both my sites and I know that there has been hits.
> :confused:
>
>
>
Hi John,

We're not aware of any problems with the stats at the moment however checking from here you are indeed correct that the stats for your account have not updated. I have now raised this to our Networks dept. for further investigation.

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

> We're not aware of any problems with the stats at the moment

That's not true. Look at the thread on Usenet - we logged this a couple of days ago and Plusnet have said they are investigating.

John
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

> > We're not aware of any problems with the stats at the moment
>
> That's not true. Look at the thread on Usenet - we logged this a couple of days ago and Plusnet have said they are investigating.
>
> John

John,

At the time I was not personally aware of a service-wide problem with the stats, this may have been raised as an individual ticket on your account when you reported it. This has now been raised as a 'problem' to the networks team rather than on a customer ticket. At present it only seems to be affecting a small number of customers however if others are suffering from this please reply here or raise it via Contact Us on your account.

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

>At present it only seems to be affecting a small >number of customers however if others are >suffering from this please reply here or raise it >via Contact Us on your account.

I've noticed that the log files in my logs directory have not been updated. I accessed my webpages, then checked the logfiles, and they've not been updated. Do they update immediately or is there a delay?

Dougie

Community Veteran

> >At present it only seems to be affecting a small >number of customers however if others are >suffering from this please reply here or raise it >via Contact Us on your account.
>
> I've noticed that the log files in my logs directory have not been updated. I accessed my webpages, then checked the logfiles, and they've not been updated. Do they update immediately or is there a delay?
>
> Dougie
>
>
>

Dougie

Normally if the stats are working properly they update at about 07:00 GMT each morning. So you will not see any change in them until tommorow morning which is when todays statistics are entered into the log.

--
Regards
John
http://www.hmrg.co.uk
N/A

> I've noticed that the log files in my logs directory have not been updated. I accessed my webpages, then checked the logfiles, and they've not been updated. Do they update immediately or is there a delay?
>
> Dougie
>

I get my updated log files at about 5-11am the day after. (Usually that is, now they haven't been updated since Sep 24)

Lars
N/A

Hi John... (long time no speak)

I know it's of no help to you (sorry), but my webstats have been working recently with no problems. If anything they have been very helpful in removing a couple of 404 bugs from my site.

So I guess PlusNet are right in saying it doesn't affect all customers.

Regards,

Dave W
N/A

Hi there,

It does seem that webstats have not been updated for a few days. A problem has been raised on this and our engineers are looking into the issue.

Apologies but I am unable to provide you with any further information at this time.

Best Regards,
Mark.

--
| Mark Hague...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----+
fallingwaters
Grafter

Hi, my webstats have also stopped although log files have been produced for the last few days they just repeat the data for the 23rd.

I reported this about 10AM this morning but have had no response.

Thanks

N/A

Ooooops !!!

On further investigation, they have stopped just like everyone else, Doh !!

I trust it will be fixed soon ? Although I doubt the missing data will be recovered.

Dave W
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Today I have the data from TWO days ago - nothing from yesterday although the time stamp on the log file is this morning.

John
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

> Today I have the data from TWO days ago - nothing from yesterday although the time stamp on the log file is this morning.
>
> John

I have full logs up to Sep 23,
then the same partial log from Sep 23 repeated for three days,
and this morning a full(?) log from Sep 26

It's trickling through!

Lars
N/A

Hi,

Our Network Operations Centre has now finished work on the 'WebStats' and you should have no further problems with this feature.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Our Network Operations Centre has now finished work on the 'WebStats' and you should have no further problems with this feature.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave
>

Does that mean that the log files from 24th, 25th, and 27th have been lost and will not be restored?

Lars