cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webspace Usage ?

N/A

Webspace Usage ?

I got an email today telling me I was 2.25MB over my limit, yet the Webspace Usage page tells me I'm 1MB under.
I haven't added any pages for nearly two weeks but this is the first such email.
I asked in the past about webstat logs and was told they didn't count against you. Has something changed last night, did anyone else get this sort of thing today?
7 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Webspace Usage ?

Check your webstats - it may be it meant bandwidth ? I saw someone mention this on the newsgroup that that was what it meant.
Community Veteran

Webspace Usage ?

It will be the bandwidth limit on your website (250MB/day for home accounts) which you have exceeded, not the amout of space you are using on your webspace.

As suggested above, look at your webstats (under website settings) and enable it if it's not on and you can tell what area of your website is the most popular and give you a clue where you need to look to reduce the bandwidth being used - i.e. reduce picture sizes, remove some on-line videos etc.
N/A

Webspace Usage ?

Thanks guys, it appears that search robots have been downloading every page! I had this before and added IP address to my .htaccess files, but new addresses seem to pop up out of the blue.
I wish that PlusNet would be a little more specific in their emails, this is the exact words used:
"It has come to our attention that in the last 24 hours your website has exceeded its webspace allowance."
Now that clearly says WEBSPACE, and the link given was to:
http://www.plus.net/support/webspace/webspaces_faq.shtml#2
Community Veteran

Webspace Usage ?

The clue is given here though Wink
Available Webspace (Residential)Residential accounts - Webspace / Daily Traffic

In the words "Daily traffic"

Still, as you say it could be a bit more spacific :?
jberry
Grafter

Webspace Usage ?

Hi there,

Can you confirm what accout you were warned about as I am unable to find any contacts on your account to show that you have been contacted on your "feelthenoise" account?

I will also have a look at the automated e-mails to ensure that they are not too confusing.

Regards,
csogilvie
Grafter

Webspace Usage ?

Josh , since this is the second post querying the email in the one day, I would think that was an indication that they are confusing ;-)
N/A

Webspace Usage ?

Can you confirm what accout you were warned about as I am unable to find any contacts on your account to show that you have been contacted on your "feelthenoise" account?

Thanks for your interest Josh, the email was to feelthenoise.plus.com
Here is the header if it helps:
Return-Path: <root@redlabel.plus.net>
Delivered-To: fe_plusn-feelthenoise-anni@feel-the-noise.com
Received: (qmail 1237 invoked by uid 0); 22 Nov 2004 06:28:51 -0000
Date: 22 Nov 2004 06:28:51 -0000
Message-ID: <20041122062851.1236.qmail@redlabel.plus.net>
Subject: Your PlusNet Website is over its webspace allowance
Reply-To: abuse@plus.net
To: postmaster@feelthenoise.plus.com

Dear Customer,
It has come to our attention that in the last 24 hours your website has exceeded its webspace allowance. Because your site has only
gone over the usage limit by a small amount, no action will be taken.
Your website was using 2244 KB over its allocation in the last day.
You may be interested in upgrading to an account with a higher webspace quota; details of the bandwidth allowances are available on our website at the following URL:
http://www.plus.net/support/webspace/webspaces_faq.shtml#2
Please take precautions to ensure that the usage on your site is reduced, as further infringements may result in your webspace being restricted, or even removed.
Kind Regards,
PlusNet Abuse Team