cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website down and support ticket impossible to find now.

N/A

My +net website is down (again).

www.pontnoir.com

It just never loads. Is anyone elses site down / able to access my site?

Why is it such a horrible process to get to "raise a ticket" section of the support site now. This is useless. Please put a direct link to raising a ticket back on the Member Centre. I don't want to have to wade through 50 rubbish questions that don't match what I want, I just want to do there direct. If not that then please add

My Website is down

My MySQL database is very slow

Since these are the most used categoriues by far.
10 REPLIES
N/A

Nothing wrong with my PN site. Works exactly as expected...
N/A

Mine is deathly slow (took >2 mins to load the home page). I think it might be a SQL problem because Telnet to the CGI Server is fine.

If you are hosted on the PN Web Server you're fine but if you site lives on the CGI Servers, I think that's where you get the problem.
N/A

Re: Website down and support ticket impossible to find now.

My +net website is down (again).

www.pontnoir.com

It just never loads. Is anyone elses site down / able to access my site?

It is just slow. I have been able to access your site. Big map on the home page...
N/A

Big map on the home page

LOL. It's not big and when, on the odd occasion, the site and the db speeds are OK, the whole page loads in less then 0.4 seconds including the 40 old DB queries.

The main page has not changed in layout or size in over 6 months.

> 2 mins isn't slow IMO it is Dead. It's been returning nothing sometime (forever loading) and sometimes a 500 error. This is +net who are still unable to offer any sort of stable cgi webserver space.

This is the last straw. I've bought decent hosting at www.site5.com and as soon as I am back on plusnet network and can ftp my site off, I'm gone. It just ins't worth the hasstle.

+Net have won. By making the service so bad that it is unusable they cut usage on the "free" hosting as they drive customers away. NO CUSTOMERS = NO PROBLEMS I guess.
N/A

Sorry, didn't mean to indicate that the map was causing any speed issues. Was just confirming that this was what I saw when your site loaded (hence proving your site will load)
N/A

I just tried to access http://www.pontnoir.com/. It took about 5 minutes before I got:
Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, support@plus.net and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Suggest you put in a ticket (sorry - question!)

I'm also getting snail-paced response to my CGI-based site (which has just come up with a 404 - not found error)
N/A

I put in a "question" a while ago. I got told to wait 30 mins and try again.
N/A

Looks like they kicked something....
N/A

I put in a "question" a while ago. I got told to wait 30 mins and try again.

Mine went in over an hour ago, I'm still without a response and still getting a 404.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

We're taking a look at this now, not sure what's up yet but will keep you posted. Anyone else having a problem?