cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website access problem

N/A

Website access problem

Can other access the following website www.morzine.com? It directs me to adobe website. It was working fine early this week Have tried 2 PC's, rebooted routers etc still going to adobe. Next step is to use BT dialup but have to get cables out etc so thought I ask support from users to see if the problem is with PN routing.
14 REPLIES
Bookman
Grafter

Website access problem

Yes, it gives me a page "Morzine Avoriaz" with snow falling on mountains - definitely not Adobe. :?
chrisc
Grafter

Website access problem

I have accessed the site from here with no problem so it rules out a PN routing issue.

Try doing an NS lookup on the url and advise which IP address is listed.

- In command prompt type nslookup www.morzine.com

Don't know of any other people experiencing the same issue so looks like a local problem.
N/A

Website access problem

Have tried using the IP address directly but with the same result. Have tried 2 PC already, will try a third if that does not work will use BT dialup. Have rebooted routers and modems to clear cache. So at the moment at a loss to where the problem is.
chrisc
Grafter

Website access problem

When you do an NSlookup is it returning an IP address of 213.56.121.125?

This should be the correct IP for www.morzine.com.
N/A

Website access problem

nslookup gave me 213.56.121.125 which is correct according to the DNS lookup that I've done.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Website access problem

Weird, works for me on my work connection.

I would say it could be PC related (check hosts file etc) but then you've tried it on more than one.

I've never heard of routing problems where traffic on the same IP goes elsewhere, loads of obvious security implications if there is.

I remember reading a post where someone couldn't access a site at all, and it turned out the site was blocking certain IP ranges, some of which belonged to PlusNet.

Long shot - could it be that? Though in your case you're not blocked but redirected, so who knows?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Website access problem

What does a tracert give you?

In a command prompt type tracert morzine.com

Trying to find out if the routing is a bit funky
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Website access problem

The trace was okay and I've used BT dialup with the same Adobe page result. So it does suggest that the problem is my side but at a loss where. Sad
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Website access problem

Wouldn't have thought this would work as the IP address is having the same problems but try this from a command prompt

ipconfig /flushdns
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Website access problem

I have 2 PC's (actually 1 PC and 1 PDA) going to the Adobe page. Both of these have accessed the Morzine website before. A 3rd PC, which is my mailserver, access Morzine website without any problem. Believe that this PC has in the past accessed the site but not in the last few months.

At least I have a PC that I can use to view the site. May just use this and hope that the problem will clear itself :roll:
N/A

Website access problem

Fixed, it was going to Adobe because the Morzine website use their flash player. Not sure what I did yesterday for this flash player to stop working on this PC. This website I have visited regular through the ski season and particular in the last 10 days.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Website access problem

Good to hear, normally directs me to the macromedia site when plugins like that are missing though.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Website access problem

Why I did not come to this conclusion earlier was the fact I was visiting the site a couple of days earlier with no problems and the site has not changed. So must have lost the flash plugin somehow :?: Also in the past when I've encountered a problem were I have not got the plugin I get redirected to warning page not just the normal home page.

Thanks for your help, hope I didn't waste too much of your time.
chrisc
Grafter

Website access problem

No problem Cheesy You had us wondering too!!