cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Website Organization.

Firejack
Grafter

Website Organization.

I already have Frontpage Server access and a MySQL database. Currently I'm waiting for CGI Server access also, after applying a few days ago. Now these, along with the ftp.plus.net server, have left me wondering how best to organize my website. I've mostly been uploading test and ideas pages using FrontPage to fp.username.plus.com . Since this has been so simple to use. I was thinking of continuing to upload the majority of my website to this location. Apart from CGI scripts which will obviously go to criticalmass.plus.net.
Now would it be more efficient to run the majority of my website from ftp.plus.net as I'm going to upload a fair amount of graphics. I don't want to slow up my website or indeed overload your FrontPage Server unnecessarily.

Thanks, bye.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Website Organization.

> I already have Frontpage Server access and a MySQL database. Currently I'm waiting for CGI Server access also, after applying a few days ago. Now these, along with the ftp.plus.net server, have left me wondering how best to organize my website. I've mostly been uploading test and ideas pages using FrontPage to fp.username.plus.com . Since this has been so simple to use. I was thinking of continuing to upload the majority of my website to this location. Apart from CGI scripts which will obviously go to criticalmass.plus.net.
> Now would it be more efficient to run the majority of my website from ftp.plus.net as I'm going to upload a fair amount of graphics. I don't want to slow up my website or indeed overload your FrontPage Server unnecessarily.
>

Hi Firejake,

Where you upload your site to is totally upto you. Once you create your site in FrontPage, HTML or CGI/PHP you can host it across all three servers if you wish. We provide all these servers for you to use, so please feel free to set up your site as you would like to.

Please let me know if I can help you any further.

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant...........for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ------