N/A

Website Builder

Hi Is any one out there having btrouble with the Website Builder
Ie getting an image-picture to upload
Cheers Job
36 REPLIES
N/A

Website Builder

I can't do it properly either. Everytime I get a picture up, it's massive and I have to scroll to see it all, I gave up on it.
Stevie.
Ianwild
Grafter

Website Builder

I just tested it with a small image and it seemed OK. How big is the image you are uploading?
N/A

Website Builder

They are just ordinary pics, taken with my Kodak digital camera at it's lowest setting. They will be between 60 to 110 Kb I suppose. It will be something I'm doing wrong most likely.
Steeve.
Community Veteran

Website Builder

Yes but what is the size in pixels of the picture?
You can find this by right clicking on the file you are about to upload and selecting properties.
You will probable find they are bigger than the screen (800 x 600 in my case)
N/A

Website Builder

<snip>(800 x 600 in my case)

... that's interesting, I reckon that you are in a shrinking minority there John, at least I hope so because all the stuff that I do now is aimed at 1024x768 users. Has anybody done any research recently on this?
csogilvie
Grafter

Website Builder

N/A

Website Builder

well there we are - I rest my case - 44% 800x600 compared to a massive 49% 1024x768 Cheesy
N/A

Website Builder

Longedge, you have to see the bigger picture here.

If you design your site for the larger 1024x768 screens, you only serve to segregate your site from 43% of the internet.

Designing for 800x600 screen, you can display on anything upwards. That means a minimum of 93% of browsers.

I too have my browser set to 1024x768, but that doesn't mean I should design my site to that with. Far from it. I have dreamweaver set to a width of 800. This makes the tools a little cramped to the side of the window, but it works and gives me a full design sheet that will target most audiences.
Community Veteran

Website Builder

Was that supposed to be a pun Philip? Cheesy

Btw, going back to what was being said about the photos: bear in mind that, if designing a site to fit on a 800*600 monitor, you want to reduce the image to less than 800 wide, to account for the vertical scroll bar at the side of any web page. Just a thought.

Thomas
N/A

Website Builder

lol, no pun intended.

Many people take these statistics at face value and in many cases, make the right descision out of them, but not for the right reasons.

Screen size works somewhat siamlar to an old document from an older version of MS Word.

This older file will open with all never versions of MS Word, but newer ones won't open with older ones. This means older ones can be opened by a large range of office users, where newer ones would need newer software.

The PlusNet portal is designed at 800x600, I am a red, but I know for a fact that everton.tv site is 800x600.

They both display perfectly in larger screen sizes, but not in smaller ones.
Community Veteran

Website Builder

... that's interesting, I reckon that you are in a shrinking minority there John, at least I hope so because all the stuff that I do now is aimed at 1024x768 users. Has anybody done any research recently on this?

Yes sad isn't it Cry
Oddly enough on my machine that runs XP with the same size monitor (17") I much prefer the 1024 x 768 format but on this machine with 98se I find 800 x 600 preferable. :?
When it comes to my website I always ensure that it will fit full screen on 800 x 600 but also check it at 1024 x 768 to see that it still looks Ok at the higher screen setting.
N/A

Website Builder

Hi John
Even the other page buttons do not come up, including banners etc but they do on the the site that is now on the web including my other one that is
www.brightmcc.plus.com

Job
Community Veteran

Website Builder

Just tried to access your page at www.windhaven.plus.com
All I see is the first titles and then the rest of the page never loads.
I think there is something wrong with the page coding beyond the neighbourhood watch wording.
Even while I'm typing this your page has still not fully loaded.
I think your best bet here would be to delete it all and start from scratch.
Community Veteran

Website Builder

Page loads fine for me, tried IE6 & mozilla 1.5.

The only issue is the crimestoppers logo and one other image did not load with IE6 but clicking on one of the side links and returning to the page resulted in the images loading OK.