cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail - resizable Subject heading

LastRoMan
Grafter

I checked the Ideas in Progress and did a couple of searches and don't think this has come up before.

When reading Webmail it is sometimes difficult to tell whether the item is bona fide mail or simply spam. If one sees the whole line - often there is gibberish at the end of a spam subject. Even for respected mail the subject line is too short to read the subject completely.

I often find myself opening spam thinking it is something I actually want! And resulting in sending an electronic message to the spammer saying I have opened the mail!

On Outlook Express as an example the Subject line width can be resized. I would like to see this with Plusnet webmail too.

As people move up to larger monitors they can accomodate longer lines too.
5 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Have you taken a look at one of the posts in http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewforum.php?f=20 which points to the new webmail beta?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Have you had chance to look at our new webmail service? It's still in beta testing but you should find it a lot better than the current platform.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Fixed BB Code Tag for you, Dave.]
LastRoMan
Grafter

Thank you Dave and Colin - for pointing me to that.

I was not aware of it and having tried it briefly, think it is going to be a huge improvement - I can wait.

I have reposted my Idea as a Bug Report onthe Beta Forum.

Is it possible to use both my Portal Webmail & the new Beta Webmail together. That is, will stuff put up on the Beta appear on the current Webmail?

Conrad
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Both the new and old webmail services will exist side by side for a while yet and your messages should all appear in both of them.
LastRoMan
Grafter

Thanks Dave - I have tried this and it is fine. Conrad Cheesy