Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail query

henderson1977
Grafter

Webmail query

Hi

I have set the display name to what I want my recipients to see, which does work. However, my email address appears immediately after the display name. I know this can be edited out in email programs, such as Outlook.

How can I remove my email address appearing in emails I send via webmail please?

Thanks in advance.

Smiley
10 REPLIES
henderson1977
Grafter

Webmail query

Can anyone help with my original query please?

I only ask because I have moved from NTLworld's webmail system which did allow me to remove my email address when replying/forwarding emails.

So I expect there is a way to do this with Plus.net's webmail system. I just need an answer either way please.

Cheers
Scott

:?:
Nick_Russell
Grafter

Webmail query

You can do this in Outlook Express but I don't think you can do in webmail.

Do you have to use webmail? OE is much easier to configer and use. I think the only reason to use webmail is if you are away from your main PC.
henderson1977
Grafter

Webmail query

Thanks for your reply, Nick.

I could setup in OE or Outlook at home but access my email from several different places, including work and Internet cafes, etc... Therefore, I need to login to the webmail version alot and would prefer to reply with my own display name.

NTLworld did allow me to alter the display name in their webmail version so that only my display name showed and not the actual email address as well.

Therefore, surely there's a way to do this in Plus.net's webmail....?

:?
henderson1977
Grafter

Webmail query

Can anyone at Plus.net Support help with my query please?

Kind Regards
N/A

Webmail query

Best phoning/raising a ticket with +net to get an answer.
M
N/A

Webmail query

I think I've achieved what you want by using an identity - I've changed the displayed email address to one connected with my domain name rather than the Plus Net one - you could probably delete an email address completely if you wished but I haven't tried.
henderson1977
Grafter

Webmail query

Thanks for the reply, Mick.

Your suggestion is the best solution to date but deleting the email address altogether would be THE best.

Did you have any ideas on how to do that please?
N/A

Webmail query

Log on to Webmail, click on settings and down at the bottom, edit the identity.

I've discovered that it will not let you have no address at all (I suppose we should after all let people know who the mail has come from, if only to prove we're not spammers!) but you could possibly fool it - it's probably just looking for something like a@b or possibly a@b.com.

Obviously I don't know why you don't want to send your address when you are replying, but you could always set up several identities to quickly switch to sending the relevant one.

Hope that helps
henderson1977
Grafter

Webmail query

Thanks for the reply mickburrell.

Every identity I create still puts my actual PlusNet email in the To: field when sending emails. I just want to remove the PlusNet email address altogether like NTLworld's webmail system. AM I doing something wrong please?
N/A

Webmail query

I can't tell you what you're doing wrong but when I reply via webmail, I BCC myself so I can confirm that the address given is the one I set up in identities.