cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail problems

N/A

Webmail problems

I am having problems trying to log into my webmail accounts from my brother's pc. I have checked all of the cookie settings and they are fine. I put my username+mailbox, then password. Webmail then attempts to action the pl file, fails to log out and then returns me to the login page again.

Any ideas anyone please?

Mark
5 REPLIES
N/A

Login Problems Ivan

Hi Mark,

I cannot tell you the precise cause of this problem but I've had similar problems with login process on the PlusNet portal and IMO I still think its a cookie related problem. Try giving CSC a phone if its an urgent problem otherwise send them a support ticket?

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

Webmail problems

Cheers Ivan.

I found the problem, although not sure why it happened. I noticed the box which offers advanced (IE6+) and basic (other browsers). My brother was using IE6 so really it should have worked, but changing to basic mode allowed me to log in.

Curious :roll:

Mark
N/A

Replying Ivan

Hi Mark,

Glad you found away around that one, Humm!! still as you so rightly say its abit curious!!

Ivan
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Webmail problems

Hi Mark,

Has your brother got the pop up blocker enabled in IE? WIth advanced mode it opens webmail in a pop-up window. If that's blocked it will take you back to the login page.
N/A

Webmail problems

Hi Dave

No, no pop up blocker. I have it installed on mine though and when you log in to the mail account you are told to click on a link to open a new window. With my brother's you click to login, it goes through the process of attempting to login, fails and returns to the login screen.

It's not that much of a problem now though as i'm home, but I needed to access my mail desperately either Sat or Sun which I finally did.

Cheers

Mark