cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail is up a creek for me!

N/A

For some reason I can no longer log into my normal main westwallabyst account using the standard webmail. It only lets me log into the mailbox which is slightly annoying is I have multiple accounts set up so email from other accounts loses the coloured blob to make identification easy. The standard webmail has stopped recognising when I am logged in so it will repeatedly make me go through the login procedure to get at my mail which is very annoying!

I have tried the beta webmail and that is a right disaster with opera 7.50. It doesn't let me login half the time, gives me blank windows and when it does work the multi account feature doesn't work and the top menus don't work. The feature arranged vertically do work as do the items on the graphical toolbar. The layout in opera is all screwed up and it won't even let me login with any other option other than ' identifiy as ie 6' I have played around with the simple version (not multi accounts so no use) which looks ok. IMAP is hit and miss. Even after configuring an external account it doesn't work as it doesn't ask me for a password to get at the mail server I am trying to download mail from!

The only possible reason I can think of for the inconsitency with IMAP is that the webmail application is calling on the imap port from the client browser rather than calling the imap server from your webmail server. The former leads to strange behaviour for anyone that is behind a firewall and relying on a web proxy.

Perhaps someone could add the old style multi account feature which worked fine in the old webmail into the simple version of the new one?

Apologies if all these bugs have been raised before but I don't really have the time to go and check Smiley
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

The old webmail can still be accessed using https://portal.plus.net/office.html?action=imap but for how long I don't know.

The new beta webmail will be replacing the existing webmail system shortly and it will not have the same features as the old one in relation to the colour indicators for the multiple external accounts. The issue with only being able to use the simple interface for non-IE browsers is a major issue but I don't know what plusnet can do about it.

Also the Beta webmail is not developed by PlusNet anymore. They have chosen to go with an external supplier @mail so adding features similar to what the old webmail system has is likely to be very difficult or impossible at this time.

If you have any bugs/issues or features you would like added to the new webmail please create a thread in the Beta forum.
N/A

Thanks for the link Cheesy

I'll check out the beta testing forum. I think I mentioned the same problems in there when I first tried it a few months ago.
N/A

i cant login either..and have been forced to use the old method via the link.

Anyone know if this is going to get fixed?
Community Veteran

The Beta webmail is now live so you should not be using the http://beta.webmail.plus.net link.

There were DNS config issues when it went live which may mean your DNS cache may be blocking access to it.

See this thread for more details.
jberry
Grafter

Hi there,

There are currently two issues with the new webmail system:

1. People getting a 404 when they try to log in.
This is caused by a DNS issue which will be resolved once the changes have completely propogated. We expect this to take around 24 hours - in the meantime use http://beta.webmail.plus.net as this is not affected by the DNS issues (although it is the same system)

2. Old mail not being visible via "POP3"
I have raised this on problem 20263, the problem is that mail from before the change is not visible if you log in via "POP3". If you just log in using the "IMAP" option, however, the mail is visible fine.

Regards,