cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail bug report: Del key doesn't work

peak1
Grafter

I logged in using Advanced mode and went to reply to an email.

I hit return too many times whilst replying to an HTML email so used the arrow keys to move back up the page. Hitting DEL on an empty line failed to delete it. Hitting DELETE worked though.

Mark
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

POP3 or IMAP?

Only the backspace key deletes text for me (the DELETE key or DEL key does nothing) in POP3 or IMAP advanced mode and professional mode using Mozilla 1.6 browser WinXP Home.
peak1
Grafter

Sorry forgot to say:

POP3 using IE6 SP1

The DEL key should work as the average user will be expecting this.
Community Veteran

I never expect DEL or DELETE to work, I have always used the backspace (<--) key to delete text.

DEL and DELETE have never worked for me on the current webmail so it is no different to me.

Did DEL or DELETE work for you on the current webmail?
peak1
Grafter

I don't use the current one.

If I use an interface it is the one from the Portal which is different and there the DEL key does work.
Community Veteran

By current I mean the one on the portal (Web mail and mailboxes links top left) and not the Beta.

That is strange that your DEL key works and mine does not - they should be generating the same codes.

Can anyone else confirm if DEL or DELETE worked on the current webmail and not in the beta version.
N/A

Del or backspace

I cannot comment upon the webspace email as that is (@ present) non-operational - however:

On the Beta one BACKSPACE deletes a character backwards - ie it steps back a space/character and deletes it. DEL however deletes a character forwards - ie it steps forward a space/character and then deletes it - hope that makes sense!

Personally I nearly always use DEL rather than BACKSPACE - a habit that I picked up over the years and something I often find an irritation/problem if I sit @ someone else's keyboard and NUMLOCK is active.

I am using XP Pro with fully updated IE6 etc. Zone Alarm Pro is also running and PopUPS are blocked to some extent - @ present this does not appear to have a negative effect!

Regards

Richard Croucher
N/A

del key activity

Plusnet's Web Mail is again up and running and both the BACKSPACE & DEL keys work the same way as in the Beta trial for me. BACKSPACE steps backward and deletes the character whereas DEL steps forwards!

Regards

Richard Croucher