cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail and Spam

daftcars
Grafter

Webmail and Spam

Im starting to get a problem with Spam, which I haven't had before. I usually use Outlook express, but have started using Plusnet webmail as there is an option to mark as spam.
I'm just wondering if this actually does anything, or does it just move to the folder marked Spam? If so then I'm just wasting my time logging into Plusnet webmail.
Would I be better off just deleting the unwanted emails in Outlook Express?
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Webmail and Spam

Even better is to use Mailwasher then you are actually deleting them from the server and they never get to your machine.
Community Veteran

Webmail and Spam

All you are doing in webmail is moving the message from one named folder (inbox) to another (spam). It has no effect on marking any similar future emails as spam so you are wasting your time doing it.
daftcars
Grafter

Webmail and Spam

All you are doing in webmail is moving the message from one named folder (inbox) to another (spam). It has no effect on marking any similar future emails as spam so you are wasting your time doing it.

Thanks, that's what I suspected.

AS for Mailwasher, I'm very suspicious of it. I've used it twice over the years and both times there was a sudden increase in spam. It was increasing at an alarming rate, so I chucked to email address each time and got a new one.
Also, I'm not sure bouncing does any god due to fake return addresses, amd zombie PC's sending the spam in the first place.

Another complication is the fact that I get my plusnet emails forwarded to me@mydomain.com, an address and domain I want to keep for many years.