cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail and IMAP

cassuki
Rising Star

Webmail and IMAP

I've searched through the online help & FAQ's and trawled through messages in the forums but can't find how to make Webmail automatically select IMAP instead of POP3. Can someone please point me in the right direction.
7 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Webmail and IMAP

Unfortunately I don't think it's possible. I have however made a quick link button to my own account by using this html form:

<html>
<head><title>Webmail shortcut</title>
</head>
<body>
<form method=post class=nopad action="https://webmail.plus.net/atmail.pl" target="_blank">
<input type=hidden name=username value="*username*">
<input type=hidden name=password value="*password*">
<input type=hidden name=Folder value="Inbox">
<input type=hidden name=LoginType value="simple">
<input type=hidden name=MailType value="imap">
<input type=hidden name=Language value=english>
<input type=submit name=Login value=Login>
</form>
</body>
</html>

If you save this somewhere on your computer and open it in your preferred browser you can log in with one click.
N/A

Webmail and IMAP

2 medals bbrown, i'm a going to be using that as well - thx
cassuki
Rising Star

Webmail and IMAP

That's brilliant Ben. Thank you very much ... you've saved me a lot of frustration because I kept forgetting to select IMAP and having to log out and back in again!

Only problem being I typed the above before trying it! It doesn't work for me, POP3 is still selected.
N/A

Webmail and IMAP

hey thats quite useful!

Would there be a way to change so that it is an auto-login (i.e without having to click login and no popup)? Would make my life even easier...

Thanks
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Webmail and IMAP

You need to put your usename and password in where I have written *username* and *password*. Then it will log in automatically.
N/A

Webmail and IMAP

You need to put your usename and password in where I have written *username* and *password*. Then it will log in automatically.

I've already done that.

What im asking is how can you change it such that there isnt a "login" button and when you open the htm file it logs straight into your account without having to click "login"?
cassuki
Rising Star

Webmail and IMAP

Not sure why Ben's solution wasn't working at home, but it does work on my office PC, so I'll try it again tonight.