cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail and Firefox

mickm
Grafter

Webmail and Firefox

Thanks, it's what I expected but I wanted to make sure. Since this is third party software can we hope that PN will put in a request to @mail that they should look at it?
14 REPLIES
mickm
Grafter

Webmail and Firefox

Does anyone have experience of @mail with Firefox?

I can use the simple interface with no problem but I just get a blank window if I try to use the advanced interface. That's no good to me since I use multiple accounts.

Mick
Community Veteran

Webmail and Firefox

The advancd interface is for IE v6 or higher as the selection states 'Advanced (IE6+). It also explains this in the text below the login box:
Advanced: The Advanced view will only work with Internet Explorer 6 or above.

None IE browers cannot use the advanced interface.
N/A

Webmail and Firefox

Nothing like giving competitors to Microsoft an equal footing eh? Even when they comply to standards that IE doesn't.

Gary J.
csogilvie
Grafter

Webmail and Firefox

Yeah, but if the interface (which I'm guessing wasn't written by PlusNet) makes use of IE specific JavaScript, then there's not really a lot they can do at a guess.
Community Veteran

Webmail and Firefox

There was originally a professional interface for non IE users but this was removed just before webmail went live for security reasons - what those are we have never been able to find out but have requested (via the usergroup) that non-IE users should also have access to an 'advanced' or some other enhanced interface.

Because more and more users are moving away from IE they should be catered for.
N/A

Webmail and Firefox

Sounds good. I've been using firefox for a few months now. It tends to be the big businesses, banks and the like, who totally ignore other browsers. Its a shame as Mozilla/firefox and others are better in so many ways than IE.

Gary J.
N/A

Webmail and Firefox

Scandalous :!:
csogilvie
Grafter

Webmail and Firefox

Its when sites being visited with Firefox tell you to use Mozilla you start thinking its weird Cheesy
community
Grafter

URL Dropdown with Firefox

What I find annoying with Firefox ( which I started with about a week ago) is that the dropdown on the URL's last visited does not put the LAST visited url at the top of the list. I need this, which is the norm with IE because I visit many url's daily and need to click on the previously visited ones
without having to type in again the details.
Unfortunately, Firefox lists the last visited url in rotation and therefore it eventually goes out of the list.
Is there something I am missing here? Other Firefox users may have an input on this.
N/A

Re: URL Dropdown with Firefox

Unfortunately, Firefox lists the last visited url in rotation and therefore it eventually goes out of the list.

It puts them in order of numbet of times visited.

Or so it seems to me.
N/A

Webmail and Firefox

cough use ie6 cough Wink

/me ducks to avoid buzz

:lol:
community
Grafter

Firefox Url's

Thanks for your suggestions.
I got round it by typing in all the usually visited url's in the 'Links' slot.
Now I go to the slot and call up the url's I need..
cheers
AMB
Grafter

An alternative solution...

Place all of the sites you visit into a folder in Firefox, then use the "Open in Tabs" function - you get all of your usual sites opened at once.
N/A

Webmail and Firefox

Can we stay on topic please? If you think the discussion Re: Firefox and @mail has come to end, let me know and I'll split posts into their own Firefox topic Smiley