cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail a bit odd ??

Laugh
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

I'm not sure whether it's me but I've just tried logging into webmail and it took an age before it returns to the login screen.

It doesn't report any errors but all the banners and the side menu have disappeared. The screen is also centred instead of justified to the left.

I tried again and I got in OK, but a few of the e-mails displayed in a peculiar way, with text and pictures over the header parts.

I was logging in using the simple setup.

Just thought I'd post in case anyone else is seeing this anomoly.
8 REPLIES
Laugh
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

Now webmail seems to be really ill. I'm getting this

Mailbox Error
The server responded - 1
Refresh and try again
Check that you are not accessing your mailbox simultaneously in two or more windows. A file-lock is active per session accessing your mailbox.
Check that two sessions of your account are not active - only one user per login is accepted
Try accessing again in a few minutes
If you are having continued problems using Webmail or have encountered a bug, please provide details to our support team using the Help Assistant, including any information provided in the above error message.

Am I alone? Am I paranoid?
James
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

Hi Jason,

We're just looking into this internally.
Laugh
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

Cheers James.

It just seemed a bit odd! I use Webmail virtually every day and I sometimes get the 2nd message and need to refresh, but I've never had the revert to login screen minus the banners and menus before.

It does seem sporadic though. I can get in but it may take a go or two.
Community Veteran

Webmail a bit odd ??

Am I alone? Am I paranoid?

No, I got that earlier when trying to delete SPAM I didn't want to have downloaded.
Plusnet user since November 2003
Currently on Unlimited Fibre Extra and Unlimited UK & Mobile Calls
Liam
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

Yup. Having some load issues on the mail collection servers that could be causing intermittent timeouts. Service Status is out and problem is being worked on as I type this.
Laugh
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

Phew! Thank God for that! :lol:

Looks like we're also getting a bit of a mail queue building as well now. I sent a test mail - simple text which normally is delivered within 60 seconds. I've been waiting for over half an hour now and it still hasn't arrived.

But the good news is that it's Friday Cheesy
Laugh
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

Ignore my last about there being a mail queue - it would appear that the problem lied with e-mail at my work end! Nothing to do with PN.

Apologies Shockedops: to PN.
Laugh
Grafter

Webmail a bit odd ??

Ignore my last about there being a mail queue - it would appear that the problem lied with e-mail at my work end! Nothing to do with PN.

Apologies Shockedops: to PN.

Sorry about this double post - I don't know what happened - I submitted got an error and then had 2 entries! :shock:

the portal has been very slow today but I didn't want to say anything - I've already messed up with a quote thing and now said that there was a mail queue, when there wasn't!

I'm having a bad day - where's my duvet! Sad