cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail: Restore an e-mail to Inbox from Trash?

N/A

Using Webmail at work to access a POP3 mailbox. I've moved an e-mail to the Trash folder by mistake, and want it restored to the Inbox so it can be downloaded later at home using Outlook.

Am I being dim or is there no obvious way to do this?

Cheers in advance for any help.
3 REPLIES
N/A

@mail Humm Restoring?? Ivan

Hi amethyst,

NOP!! your NOT being dim or stupid, this problem seems to be one of those aweful faults with @Mail (webmail) and I've had very similar problems. Such as I have highlighted (ticked the checkbox) an email I wanted to just move to trash folder or spam folder and instead of doing a "move" @mail very kindly did a delete (good job it wasnt a important mail??Phew). NOP! @mail is full of such gliches & minor faults which should have been spotted and removed during the programs beta testing stage (before the product is released to a customer).

**I dont know how you can do a restore but you should be able to do another move and hopefully it might do it rather than delete it instead?? :roll:

Ivan
--------------------------------------------------
F9 FOL Forum Moderator
F9 Broadband Premier 2MB User
Your Forum, Make Your Voice Count!
N/A

**I dont know how you can do a restore but you should be able to do another move and hopefully it might do it rather than delete it instead?? icon_rolleyes.gif

'fraid not. The only 'Moves' available are to the Drafts or Sent folders, or to delete the mail entirely.

I suppose I'm going to have to forward the mail to myself again, just to get it to reappear in the Inbox. What a piece of junk...
Nick_Russell
Grafter

A very old and known problem I'm afraid. Has been metioned many times. The only way is to do as you suggest, send an email to yourself. Crazy I know but PlusNet are unable or unwilling to change their bought in @Mail web email package.

See this thread that has links to others.

http://www.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26651&highlight=