cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Feedback: Too slow to be of any use

N/A

Looks great but was painfully slow to load anything and I'm on a very fast connection here at work. Tried to reply to an email when I eventually got to read it and gave up waiting for a reply screen.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Topic modifed to fit with the requested title in the instructions]
4 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

The Beta Webmail is currently running on one server, and trying to process a lot more connections than it used to. This is because the portal webmail has been disabled, and as well as that there are delays connecting to the backend mail servers.
N/A

So does that mean you've fluffed it?

You've rolled out a new product without planning the demand on it & giving it enough resourses needed to make it work properly? (Have you been secretly taken over by NTL?)

Have you heard of real beta testing (sic) before applying things live into the real world?

Love the lump it or leave it attitude!

Aint testing grand!
csogilvie
Grafter

I haven't tested anything... I don't work for PlusNet. I don't know why the beta webmail was linked from the Portal Webmail. I can only answer on what is obvious both from Service Status and experience.

The Webmail is still a beta - it has not been rolled out. It was presumably announced so that people can still access their email while the portal one is shut off.

IIRC The beta for Webmail is expected to last about 3 months, or more and it only began in May.
Community Veteran

Nothing has been rolled out. The Beta server is there for trials of the new webmail software. It is only because the portal webmail service has been disabled that everyone and their dog is trying to use the Beta server which was not the intention.

Beta is running on a single test server as that was all that was necessary to perform the beta testing. It was never intended that the Beta server would be used by everyone, it's just a temporary measure while the mail delivery issues are being sorted out and as a result the Beta webmail is running very slowly.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Thread closed as it relates to the speed problems with Backend Email - not bugs/features/feedback with teh Beta Webmail System]