cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webmail Bug Report: Write New mail not working

N/A

Advanced IE6+ (POP3) In both my mailboxes I find that I can not write a new message .The drop down menu is there but doesn't appear to work

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Topic modifed to fit with the requested title in the instructions]
7 REPLIES
N/A

Sameo

I have the same problem.
csogilvie
Grafter

What version of Internet Explorer are you using? Do you use any Popup Blockers (Google Toolbar? XP SP2 Beta?) as its working fine for me in Internet Explorer 6...
Community Veteran

Any new messages or replies are entered in a pop-up window when you click the compose/reply icon, so if these are being blocked you will not see them.

Try disabling any pop-up blockers you have and see if that works. Also try disabling things like firewalls (some like ZoneAlarm pro have bilt in pop-up blocker options) and virus scanners and see if the window appears.

I've had no problems with IE6 and with Mozilla even with it''s pop-up blocker enabled.
N/A

have now got it working after closeing down firewall (zone alarm pro) will have to look at settings in there .other webmail program runs no problem while firewall on ,suggest this could be looked at if this webmail repaces old one.
Community Veteran

The beta version uses pop-up's and will continue to as that is how the underlying design works. A future version may be developed that does not use pop-ups but for now that is how it will work when released.

If you are using ZA v5 I suggest you revert back to v4.5 as V5 has loads and loads of compatibility problems and bugs. Also if you are using the pro version turn off the ad-blocking and cookie control options as they cause more problems than they are worth.
N/A

write mail working now ,solution found as follows turn of cookies and add/popup blocker ,Start write mail window reset previous to medium .note to self after 7 years useing zone alarm should have remembered to allow learning mode ,then problem wouldnt ocur on first use of new program.
N/A

I've had the same problem intermittently (once overy three emails sent, or so) and have found for some strange reason refreshing the list of files or the inbox will activate the menu.