cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcache/Proxy ?

N/A

Webcache/Proxy ?

Does anyone know the name of the webcache/ web proxy that I can use in internet explorer with PlusNet? If any at all? I have looked high and low with no success. Just want to try something Smiley

Thanks
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Webcache/Proxy ?

I believe plusnet use a transparent proxy, so all port 80 traffic will be routed through it, if you enter it into internet explore or not.

Moderators note (John) totaly copy of previous posting removed as it was just not necessary.
N/A

Hi,

Apologies for the delay in replying to your post.

You are actually correct in that we do operate an invisible cache. No settings need to be inputted by the end user.

Regards
--
| Dean Wood..........................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support Agent..............for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd..........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +
N/A

This is unacceptable.

I want an anonymous proxy.

I am surfing the web website can get my IP adrees and resolve it to carlsav.plus.com

Due the nature of my Username this is a little too unsecure for my liking. I would like a anonymous proxy please.
N/A

You are actually correct in that we do operate an invisible cache. No settings need to be inputted by the end user.

Is that why the whole web seems to run dog-slow on a friday evening, even though ping tims are no worse than usual?

Is there any way to bypass the proxy to make comparisons?

--
Moderators note (John) Quote made into a proper quote using BBtags
N/A

Is that why the whole web seems to run dog-slow on a friday evening, even though ping tims are no worse than usual?

Good Evening,

You currently have an ADSL account with ourselves, the transparent cache only caches traffic on our dialup accounts not the ADSL accounts.

Kind Regards

Duncan

Moderators note (John) quotes made into proper quotes
--
| Duncan Scotland          Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Customer Support    for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd. @ http://www.plus.net
+ ------- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ---------
N/A

Anonymous web proxy

I use the JAP proxy, works fine

http://anon.inf.tu-dresden.de/index_en.html

Tony
N/A

Webcache/Proxy ?

Hmm, I suppose I should point out that the info given by support above is no longer true (not surprising given the age of the thread!). We do not run any proxy servers or transparent cache on any of our internet accounts.
Ianwild
Grafter

Re: RE: Webcache/Proxy ?

I am surfing the web website can get my IP adrees and resolve it to carlsav.plus.com

Just to add, this is normal by default, however it is easy to change - Simply goto Contact Us, Choose New Query, then Techncial Support > Static IP / Reverse DNS Setup > Change my Reverse DNS configuration and it will be sorted for you.

Regards,

Ian