cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebMail seems to of changed..

N/A

WebMail seems to of changed..

This morning I noticed that the WebMail module has changed.
It's looks a bit smarter, but I wondered if +Net could tell us the changes that have been made.

Regards,

Dave W.
6 REPLIES
N/A

RE: WebMail seems to of changed..

> This morning I noticed that the WebMail module has changed.
> It's looks a bit smarter, but I wondered if +Net could tell us the changes that have been made.
>

Hi Dave,

The changes we have made to the Webmail feature are purely cosmetic. All the functionality has remained the same.

Do you like the changes that we have made?

Regards,

Dave

--
| David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

> Hi Dave,
>
> The changes we have made to the Webmail feature are purely cosmetic. All the functionality has remained the same.
>
> Do you like the changes that we have made?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave
>
> --
> | David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions

Yes I like the improvements, it did look a little "basic" before the changes. I only asked my original question, as I wondered if there where any other changes we couldn't see.

One of 2 changes I (and I'm sure others) would like to see is, if you try and forward an existing e-mail within WebMail with an attachment to someone else the attachment doesn't go with it. The only way I can see around this (a bit of a pain) is to download it to your PC and then when forwarding it, re-attach it from the saved file. Just a bit long-winded that's all.

The other thing is when sending e-mails through WebMail you can only have 1 "From Name" stored within your system (the account name I believe). What would be a good idea is to allow us to specify a name against each "From address" that we setup within WebMail. This way the name seen by the recipient is the one we want them so see.

Any thoughts on these, although they are probably in the development pool.

Regards,

Dave W.
N/A

>
> Yes I like the improvements, it did look a little "basic" before the changes. I only asked my original question, as I wondered if there where any other changes we couldn't see.
>
> One of 2 changes I (and I'm sure others) would like to see is, if you try and forward an existing e-mail within WebMail with an attachment to someone else the attachment doesn't go with it. The only way I can see around this (a bit of a pain) is to download it to your PC and then when forwarding it, re-attach it from the saved file. Just a bit long-winded that's all.
>
> The other thing is when sending e-mails through WebMail you can only have 1 "From Name" stored within your system (the account name I believe). What would be a good idea is to allow us to specify a name against each "From address" that we setup within WebMail. This way the name seen by the recipient is the one we want them so see.
>
> Any thoughts on these, although they are probably in the development pool.
>

Hello again Dave,

Thank you for your feedback on the new-look webmail feature. We really do welcome all the feedback you give us.

You can have more than one 'From' address in this feature. Go to the 'Options' tab at the top of the webmail screen and you should see the section to add a ‘From’ address.

Regards,

Dave

--
N/A

> Hello again Dave,
>
> Thank you for your feedback on the new-look webmail feature. We really do welcome all the feedback you give us.
>
> You can have more than one 'From' address in this feature. Go to the 'Options' tab at the top of the webmail screen and you should see the section to add a ‘From’ address.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave
>
> --

Thanks for your reply Dave, but I think we are at cross-purposes. (I'm not very good at explaining myself)

I have successfully setup 3 "From Addresses" within WebMail. Obviously when sending an e-mail, I can choose which one I want from the drop down list, or accept the default (can't remember what it is).

The problem is, each "From Address" uses the +Net account name in the e-mail, in my case it is set to Dave W. It would be nice if we could tag a name to each From Address like you can do in Outlook for example.

I am sure I'm not the only one who thinks this would be a nice feature, and I'm sure it's not that difficult to do.

I hope that explains things a little better...

Regards,

Dave W.
N/A

> > Hello again Dave,
> >
> > Thank you for your feedback on the new-look webmail feature. We really do welcome all the feedback you give us.
> >
> > You can have more than one 'From' address in this feature. Go to the 'Options' tab at the top of the webmail screen and you should see the section to add a ‘From’ address.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave
> >
> > --
> > | David Scarpa...................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
>
>
> Thanks for your reply Dave, but I think we are at cross-purposes. (I'm not very good at explaining myself)
>
> I have successfully setup 3 "From Addresses" within WebMail. Obviously when sending an e-mail, I can choose which one I want from the drop down list, or accept the default (can't remember what it is).
>
> The problem is, each "From Address" uses the +Net account name in the e-mail, in my case it is set to Dave W. It would be nice if we could tag a name to each From Address like you can do in Outlook for example.
>
> I am sure I'm not the only one who thinks this would be a nice feature, and I'm sure it's not that difficult to do.
>
> I hope that explains things a little better...
>

Hello again Dave,

I will be able to help you further once I have spoken to you tomorrow night. >:>

Regards,

Dave

--
N/A

> Hello again Dave,
>
> I will be able to help you further once I have spoken to you tomorrow night. >:>
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave
>
> --

No probs.... I wait to hear from you tomorrow.

Dave W.