Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebMail improvements

N/A

WebMail improvements

1. Display HTML mail properly
2. Forward HTML mail properly
3. Do not detach attachments when forwarding.
4. Radically improve response times even for Dial up customers and especially for Broadband customers. Page Timeouts and Security Timeouts are frequent.
5. Provide a facility to block forward stuck mail
6. Get rid of the screen immediately following Forwarding as it only gives one option to go to INBOX.
7. When mail is forwarded from another ISP it is not forwarded to the customers email client. Perhaps this is because it is in the wrong date order when received. Handle inward mail forwarding properly.

Regards Neil
6 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

WebMail improvements

Hi Neil,

We are aware of the issues that the Webmail service currently has, in particular the speed and the displaying of HTML. We have got some big improvements coming with Webmail, hopefully very soon, which I think will address most if not all of your concerns.
N/A

WebMail improvements

Hi dtomlinson

I will wait for the announcement and give it another try.

Neil
N/A

Webmail update?

Just wondering if there is any more news on this. I'm sure we were promised this in Autumn 2003...
N/A

WebMail improvements

to mrjoll:

i think you were right..i read all the idea & suggestion thread..i think there are more they might not deliver the feature..hope they are working on it.
Ianwild
Grafter

WebMail improvements

We are working on this and hope to have a limited availability service available for public trial within the next 2 or 3 weeks.

We will the things you have highlighted except:

7. Webmail views mail stored on the other mail server - It does not and never will be able to download mail from another ISP to your account. This functionality may not be available at all in the first phase of the new webmail solution as this feature is in fact one of the main reasons why the current webmail solution and the portal in general is slow.

4. The other reason why things are slow is because our IMAP servers are not all that fast. This is being worked on but again could remain a problem. As such the speed improvements from the new client may not be massive (Although the ability to handle mail more efficiently should counteract this).

5. Block forward stuck mail? You mean to select multiple messages and forward them? I don't think this will be possible tbh - I can't think how this would be coded on a server side environment and as far as I can see it isn't a problem that has been resolved by any existing webmail client?

The rest though is all sorted and there are a lot of additional things you haven't mentioned which are poor about the existing solution, but which have been improved on the new one.

Regards,

Ian
csogilvie
Grafter

WebMail improvements

5. Block forward stuck mail? You mean to select multiple messages and forward them? I don't think this will be possible tbh - I can't think how this would be coded on a server side environment and as far as I can see it isn't a problem that has been resolved by any existing webmail client?
SquirelMail can forward multiple messages...