cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web stat's

N/A

Web stat's

OK I've just read F9's fair useage anouncement and admit, hands up, I've been bad......I've downloaded 100GB 3 months in a trott! My peak time usage has been around 30GB.....Shame on me....sorry force9 users, when things have been running slow for you, it's my fault. I'm the reason you got bombed out of that game just as you were about to win for the first time.......I'm racked with guilt......

I'll calm it down big time....let's be honest half the stuff you download ends up on coasters anyway. There's more tosh out there than on BBC2 and UKGold.

Strange thing is there is a big difference in Force9's download stat's and my p2p client stat's......Force9 claim i'm uploading and downloading 3 times as much as my only torrent client. Maybe I'm paranoid.....

Still maybe F9 can make things up by adding 500MB per day downloads to the free web space given, with no bans, no deletes....That would be nice....would only cost a few bob too in hard drives....PC World do 18 months interest free credit!
6 REPLIES
N/A

Web stat's

Hi, If you think your downloading is less than what the f9 site is telling you, try this bit of software, i have never used it, however cyteck (ivan) has highly recommend it. Have a shot, and tell us what you think.

http://readerror.gmxhome.de/
N/A

Web stat's

Ok I'll give it a try when I get home. Take it I need to run it on all my machines......The wife has an imac and it's always on.....bet that little bu%$er is running up my stat's....It just sits there all innocent with it's bright pink colours , never needs patching or virus scanned.....Hmmmm next time she's out I'm shoving it on eBay Wink
N/A

Re: Web stat's

I've downloaded 100GB 3 months in a trott!

So when exactly did f9 bring in this SUP?

It certainly wasn't 3 months ago so penalising you for previous months' usage before the policy was brought in, without warning, is totally unfair.

Why not keep the Mac and format the rest of your PC's and put Linux on them Cheesy
N/A

Web stat's

I got my first warning in Sept and it stated I'd exceeded the limit in the month before as well.

So two weeks back I got the second email. That's me 2 strikes and i'm out..........happy 1K per second on the 2Mbit premier account.....Makes me feel I'm back in 1995.....If anyone can sample the modem dialup sounds I'd appreciate it....I'm looking out my stock, Aiken and Waterman records right now!

And that's why I dispute their web stat's as once I was aware of it the first time I started restricting my downloads yet according to them I had an even bigger download month next time.

I tell you that imac is to blame.....it's the unix os underneath....swear it's downloading the best of Black Lace continually....least thats what the noises it makes sounds like :shock:
N/A

Web stat's

Been running this NetMeter util for the last hour. It's telling me I've downloaded 1.3MB and uploaded 300K without anything running at all!

Cool, there's a process running on my xp pro machine that can get better bandwidth than I can......might not sound like much but when all the family fire up their machines (yes we are a socially interactive family) that could be a big chunk of our monthly bandwidth....

Just in case a bright spark throws in his/her tuppence worth i have the latest Norton antivirus, adaware, microsoft spyware remover, tojan hunter, net nanny, Neil Diamond song remover, you name it I've got it software (see now you know why I need p2p).
N/A

Web stat's

Still think the best place to monitor my real usage has to be my router......Think I'll reset it start of next week and compare it to F9's stats.....Good job I'm not on 24 hour restrictions, the router doesn't display fractions of kilobytes (that was a cheap dig!)