cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web space

N/A

Web space

I keep deleting stuff from my webspace but the amount used shown on the portal does not change. I deleted loads last week to try and get within my quota but the portal has not shown any change and still says i am over quota.

Maybe it is trying to fool me into deleting more than i need to.

TNT
9 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

Web space

Hi there,

We have not had any other reports of this nature but I am not sure what the update time is on the quotas. I am testing this on my own webspace now so will try this later and get back to you.

Regards,
N/A

Web space

just checked again and the portal still shows no change in the amount used. obviously this tool is pretty useless.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Web space

Hi,

This has been turned off recently due to the load on the cluster. It has been turned on over the weekend, so you should see an update on the usage over the next 36 hours or so. It'll then be turned off again until the upgrade on the cluster is complete.
N/A

Web space

maybe the website usage page should therefore state the time the usage was recorded and whether the facility is currently 'switched on' or not. In the mean time i will assume that my webspace is actually within quota.
jberry
Grafter

Web space

Hi there,

I am sure that this has been mentioned before but the current structure of the portal means that it takes several hours to perform a text change, anything dynamic takes a lot lot longer. We have a lot of development work on internally and it is being prioritised and this would, I am afraid, not be high priority. In fact, I can almost guarentee that the webspace monitoring will be back on before we would be able to roll out the changes.

Regards,
N/A

Web space

well still not update - thats over two weeks now - if it only takes hours to update the portal then you have had plenty of hours in two weeks. Whats wrong with a message in the 'service status' log to say the web site quote facility is disabled.

I obviousy assume that if the service is disabled then no 'over quota' emails will be sent or acted on.

TNT
jberry
Grafter

Web space

Hi there,

This was switched back on today but in a more specific way. Basically, it runs for everyone once a week on a Sunday, but if you have accessed your webspace via FTP in the last 24 hours then it will be updated overnight. This change is so that the process puts less load on the cluster when this runs.

So, if you FTP in at some point today your stats will be updated by tomorrow.

Regards,
N/A

Web space

Sunday has been and gone and still no change to the reported quota
jberry
Grafter

Web space

Hi there,

It will not have run this Sunday as the upgrade was being performed and the cluster was offline. If you upload a file it should change within 24 hours. If it does not then let us know and we will investigate further.

Regards,