cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web pages not loading - anybody else having this prob ?

N/A

tried 4 different routers, all in synch and am showing as connected with with windows xp wireless network connection.
using the test socket for connection with no other equipment connected.
but will not load web pages - even did a clean reinstall of windows on laptop to make sure prob was not computer.
then tried with 2 modems, a voyager 105 and an origo asu-800.
again both in synch and connecting 80% of time ( other 20% of attempts i get "error 691 - acess denied ...... username and or password invalid in the domain")
but most of the time when i do connect it wont load web pages and i have to keep reconnecting until i eventually get web pages to load - can take up to 40 connection attempts til IE loads web pages and i get same results if using mozilla.
only thing it reminds me of is when a new customer has been activated by BT and plusnet has not activated their a/c they can still connect to plusnet but wont see web pages etc.
anyone any ideas ?
7 REPLIES
N/A

Yep!

At random times and for random domains & web sites, I'm getting "server not found".

DNS appears to be intermittent. And the outage/duration (for some domain names) has been anything from seconds to hours.

All the usual 'first aid' steps * don't cure it, so I'm satisfied the fault isn't on my system - and now that I see I'm not alone, I'm even more sure the fault is not with my NetGear router. In other words - it seems there's something unstable on PlusNet's DNS or caching servers Huh

* First aid steps like clearing my browser cache, logging off & on, rebooting the PC and latterly rebooting the router.

Colin
N/A

this has been happening since sunday morning and i have ruled out my equipment having used 4 routers and 2 modems and reformatted my laptop and using test socket and 6 different adsl filters.
i have previously had a rock steady 2mb connection for 1 year.
it must be something at plusnets end

Leo
N/A

Same problem here

Started Sunday.

I suppose I am glad it's not just me.

The connection has been very slow and I have to F5 most pages before they load. Probably something to do with caching on the DNS servers. Most of the time I have no problems with the connection to be honest, it's pretty annoying when you do though.
N/A

Also getting the same problem..... any response from plusnet?
N/A

have gave all the details in ticket sent monday at 6pm !! still nothing from them ?
N/A

me too. intermittent and emule ports (P2P) are also affected - not been able to download anything since sunday evening - lowID etc. have opened 2 tickets about this too 1.5 days ago and still nothing. Not good!

PS and yes have tried another router and messing about in all sorts of other ways but no joy.
N/A

i cant connet with router at all - get connected with modem but need repeated attempts - most of time when i do get connected i cannot accesss internet and need to keep disconnecting/reconnecting and trying internet - after about 20 reconnects i will get internet access