cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web mail crawling

N/A

Web mail crawling

Hi,

Is anyone else having issues with webmail? Mine is absolutly crarwling at a snails pace.

Cheers,

Richard
24 REPLIES
N/A

Web mail crawling

yes mine's ground to a halt too.
Community Veteran

Web mail crawling

probably to do with this:

http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=37847

We are currently investigating an issue whereby some customers are having issues logging into webmail via the portal.

This isn't affecting the ability to send or receive email via the regular servers.

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and will provide further updates tomorrow.

Kind Regards,

Dave Tomlinson
Customer Support
N/A

Web mail crawling

sort this out - for goodness sake
N/A

Web mail crawling

I can't even login to my webmail!!!

Ian
Community Veteran

Web mail crawling

We apologise for the inconvenience this may cause and will provide further updates tomorrow.

Doesnt look like its much of a priority!
N/A

Web mail crawling

maybe webmail has suddenly been throttled because of a hidden usage cap that no-one was aware of.

Since this was reported at 2pm something it really shouldnt have to wait till tomorrow to be fixed. Im sure there are plenty like me who rely on this while at work.
Community Veteran

Web mail crawling

now now cynicism didn't speed anything up, it just fuels the throttling!
canford
Grafter

Web mail crawling

Plusnet webmail is an abomination, but sometimes it is the only way for me to access my mail because the country that I visit (Myanmar/Burma) bans e-mail. For some reason Plusnet webmail is not blocked, others are.

It has always been slow, unreliable and, when something does go wrong, not a high priority. One afternoon, in Mandalay, I spent 30 minutes trying to read my mail to no avail. The connection was slow but it's under these circumstances that webmail should come into its own.

What is needed is a graphics-lite, text based, simple, reliable system..... They do exist! Try www.e-mailanywhere.com or uk2.net for POP to web. (neither of which gets past the filters at Bagan Cybernet!)

Chris
N/A

Web mail crawling

The previously reported problem with Webmail should now be resolved. We will be monitoring the service this evening to ensure that performance has been returned to normal.

We will post a further update in the morning.

desopite the assertion above this still isn't working.
Lorian
Grafter

Web mail crawling

IT's slower than the slowest slow thing.
JonathanW
Grafter

Web mail crawling

It does appear that there are still some issues with webmail, and I'm going to speak to networks to get an update on what's happening with the server.
N/A

Web mail crawling

Yip, I still can't access my webmail either. Frustrating though as I use webmail exclusively as I am constantly on the move. I have a feeling if this affected normal email client access then it would be given a higher priority but as it stands I have no access to my email and I am not about to set up an email client on my laptop just to access it..
This should be given a higher priority surely?
N/A

Web mail crawling

mines dead..... Any news on when will be fixed?
N/A

Web mail crawling

Webmail was crawling for me earlier this morning. It's stopped completely now.