cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Space Down Again

N/A

Web Space Down Again

My web space www.pontnoir.com is not accessible yet again. As requested by plus.net support I'm posting here to get feedback. [My hopes of any real support on this, weekly recurring issue faded ages ago].
20 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Web Space Down Again

Well I can open that page but it did take a hell of a long time to open.
N/A

Web Space Down Again

Thanks for looking.

Yes, that's the crux of it. It doesn't time out, not ever; but even after waiting over 10 minutes it fails to load. Anything over 4 or 5 seconds if going to annoy the hell out of users and I consider anything over 1 minute as unavailable. Hence the "inaccessible tag"
Community Veteran

Web Space Down Again

Yep just tried again and it took 40 seconds from hitting the link to the site coming up Sad
Just tried my own site and that took less than 2 seconds so It say there is a problem.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 70

Web Space Down Again

Hi there,

Its not taking long here. Just tried from an external connection I'm remote desktopped to aswell and that was a matter of seconds. Do you know if your visitors are having problems as well?

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

N/A

Web Space Down Again

It's OK again now (about 1 second which is normal).

This happens a lot during the 21h30 to 23h30 time window. It has been "fixed" at least 5 times but always turns up again in a week or so.

I actually suspect that it happens every night to a greater of lesser degree and that most nights it gets sorted out before I notice (but maybe not before my visitors go elsewhere, eh).

At least I now know it's not just my connection, as I get told on the phone more often than not.
Community Veteran

Web Space Down Again

Just tried again and got it open within 4 seconds so as you say its intermittent. :?
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Web Space Down Again

I'm assuming your sites hosted on the CGI platform? Our network monitoring tools don't show any major causes for concern over the duration of this even. Bit of a spike on one of the sql platforms a while ago. Wonder if this was the cause. Anyway, nice to here things are back to normal.

Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team

N/A

Web Space Down Again

It's happening again now . Sad

Over 2 minutes now and still not loaded.
N/A

Web Space Down Again

I just opened it from work to have a look for you.

It opened up straight away, all done in a second

Each further page was nice and quick too
N/A

Web Space Down Again

It was back, but now it's not. Down again.

[more bandwidth used complaining, that shouldn't count towards my total].
N/A

Web Space Down Again

I have to say I'm finding the same thing with my cgi webspace. This is different to the SQL errors we have also been getting as I dont get any screen response at all not even for the static pages.
N/A

Web Space Down Again

I raised a call. Maybe this time it'll have a solution before being closed, rather then a bland retort about it being OK now in the office. Probably not.
N/A

Web Space Down Again

My site is unreachable again, and again I post here as requested by plus.net.

www.pontnoir.com

It just waits forever, trying to connect.
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Web Space Down Again

Hi there,

I'm assuming things are OK again now (I've tried here). What actually happens during periods when the site is inaccessable? Can you traceroute to it? Does it resolve and just time out transferring data? Have other users of the site reported similar problems?

I know we keep on telling you things are fine here but it is very difficult to raise a problem with our network engineers without sufficient examples, especially seeing as we are unable to replicate the issue, due to the very intermittent nature of the problem.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team