cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Mail Deletion

N/A

Web Mail Deletion

I was deleting some e-mails tonight from my webmail. When I refreshed the screen to check for any incoming mail 3 or 4 e-mails disappeared and 1 of these is an important hotel booking comfirmation. Has anyone had this and is there any way to retreive them and how can I stop this from happening in the future.
5 REPLIES
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Web Mail Deletion

About 10 minutes ago I was looking in Mailwasher for any email and I saw an email that I sent myself from work earlier in the day. When I hit refresh it had disappeared! I then used the VPN to resend myself the email and it hasn't arrived yet. Normally it takes less than a minute. On the other hand, my daughters mailbox still has an email sitting in it so it's not a system wide thing (yet!)
N/A

Web Mail Deletion

I have noticed the webmail system, when in Advanced (IE6) mode, is dodgy. Specifically, after I have used it for a while, when I click a message to open it, it opens a different message to the one I clicked! The same probably goes when marking mails for deletion.

Probably best to use it in basic mode, or not use it at all.
N/A

Web Mail Deletion

I sent a ticket on this and I was told by CS that if I didn't log out I should be able to get it from the trash area. I tried this last night but it wasn't there before I logged out. Fortuanatly I managed to get the e-mail resent.
CS also told me I would be better to use Outlook etc. for checking my mail. This would work great in theory but as I work away from home quite a bit I rely on webmail to pick up e-mail whilst I'm away and generally need to delete the masses of unwanted spam that comes into that address. Is there any word from PN that they might make this webmail more stable?
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Web Mail Deletion

I use the simple view on webmail quite a bit and have never had any problems with it.
TheFlyingGribbl
Grafter

Web Mail Deletion

About 10 minutes ago I was looking in Mailwasher for any email and I saw an email that I sent myself from work earlier in the day. When I hit refresh it had disappeared! I then used the VPN to resend myself the email and it hasn't arrived yet. Normally it takes less than a minute. On the other hand, my daughters mailbox still has an email sitting in it so it's not a system wide thing (yet!)

Doh! Just realised the problem. I'd accidentally blacklisted myself in Mailwasher Shockedops: