cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We've moved!

Liam
Grafter

We've moved!

This morning I reported for work at our brand new building, the aptly named "Internet House 2". As did the CSC for their 7am shift.

It's been a massive effort, and it's not over yet, but having everyone in one building is going to be a fantastic benefit to us all.

For a last chance to see the former Internet House - go to http://www.plus.net/webcams/ - we're hoping to get these changed to the new webcams at 'IH2' very shortly!

I'm going to try and get some pictures up somewhere over the next few days.

As per Service Status, the telephone system is currently unavailable whilst we make the switchover - but all being well we'll be able to go live and take Customer Support calls from our brand new site. A momentous occasion it will be!
16 REPLIES
N/A

We've moved!

So is this the reason I've had a question ticket open since Tueasday with no reply?

Good luck with the move and all that, but I would have thought that keeping your customers serviced would be fairly high up the priority list too. :?
Liam
Grafter

We've moved!

It definately is.

We've got a CSC full of people here sat answering tickets whilst we get the phone systems up and running. When one shift finished at IH 1, the next shift took over at IH 2. Seamlessly and without glitch so far!

We have got a backlog at the moment - and I apologise you've been waiting - but the whole business has their sole priority on getting this down, getting the network improved - and improving the experience for the customer.

All non-critical development work is on hold and we now have customer focus and customer support as our top priority across every single department.
Community Veteran

Re: We've moved!

For a last chance to see the former Internet House - go to http://www.plus.net/webcams/ - we're hoping to get these changed to the new webcams at 'IH2' very shortly!

Iv'e just looked and there are still people wandering about in there :?
Are they ghosts ?? or just some employees who forgot and have turned up at the wrong building Cheesy

Lets hope this move is the start to Plusnet getting back to being the good company is used to be.
N/A

We've moved!

Seamlessly and without glitch so far!

Ho ho ho! My sides have split!

No, but seriously, well done. I'd love to move as well. Away from Plusnet! :twisted:

Martin
Liam
Grafter

Re: We've moved!

Lets hope this move is the start to Plusnet getting back to being the good company is used to be.

I think this move is symbolic of a new chapter we're just opening.

Speaking from a personal point of view, morale and dedication of all our CSC staff and staff across the business is very high.

I'm confident we'll have this backlog cleared by the end of this month and thats certainly our target.

We've realigned our focus on the customer in the last few weeks and all non-critical activities (as i've mentioned) are now on hold. We've got massive network improvement plans well underway, the fruits of which we'll see shortly - and we're committed to getting the support load under control.

I hope that alongside the new building move we'll be able to start a fresh, new, great relationship with our customers again.
Community Veteran

We've moved!

Liam. I do hope that the telephone system in the new building is NOT the one from the old one and that when it's working again customers will actually be able to contact you easily.

I have posted last night in another thread that the current system has been the instument that has made my daughter start her move away from Plusnet with her business account. Sad
N/A

We've moved!

Currently the backlog has been ongoing for the last 4 months and why should it take enother 3 weeks to clear? I also hope that when the backlog is cleared that a few weeks are allowed to past before introducing any network improvements as from past experiences this is when the calls to CS increase.
N/A

We've moved!

pchambers,

This is a fair point actually. Personally I think that to an extent network changes do indeed need to take place, but it needs to be tested more before release, and if upon release it does go wrong, that it has a very quick and easy roll back function.
I think that if a roll back function were in play, then things may not be as bad as we wouldnt then be used a guinea pigs.
N/A

We've moved!

It is in PN interest to do this. I think it will be the last straw for many users if we start to experience self inflicted problems because of poorly tested systems before introduction.
Liam
Grafter

We've moved!

New webcams now live at http://www.plus.net/webcams/

More next week :-)
channel
Grafter

We've moved!

Currently the backlog has been ongoing for the last 4 months and why should it take enother 3 weeks to clear?

Duh! Don't you understand? It's because of the symbolic nature of the move, the new dawn that is just beginning, simultaneously moving plus net forward yet also going back to the plus net of old. Wink

With all the time spent writing such platitudes, is it any wonder that tickets aren't getting answered?

But hey, don't worry, at least there's been time and energy devoted to getting the webcams up and running!!

Three cheers to plus net and its big new building! Hip Hip, Hooray! Tongue
Alecto
Grafter

We've moved!

With all the time spent writing such platitudes,

I thought you only got duck-billed platitudes in Australia. :lol:
channel
Grafter

We've moved!

These platitudes are gold plated, not duck billed! The gold plating means they never get worn out!
Alecto
Grafter

We've moved!

But if they were gold-plated, wouldn't they be worth something?