cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Watchdog

ForeverArsenal
Grafter

Watchdog

Well done +net,you did'nt get a mention on watchdog tonight,unless I nodded off and missed it. Smiley
6 REPLIES
N/A

Watchdog

Please visit the watchdog website and take part in the survey.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/consumer/tv_and_radio/watchdog/broadband_survey.shtml

Worth mentioning the new lame traffic policies and p2p speeds.
Liam
Grafter

Watchdog

I've not actually seen the piece, but hear it was mostly issues where people have been disillusioned by 'free'?

Can't say I'm surprised to be honest.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Watchdog

Hi Liam,
Just noticed you got a mention in El Reg http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/02/27/mac_ofcom_plusnet/
Liam
Grafter

Watchdog

Yeah saw that. Far too long, and nothing more than a tabloid-esque rant from a single user exploiting the platform he has access to - in my opinion.

Anyhow, there's a thread here if you feel like you need to discuss that. :-)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 54

Watchdog

I hadn't seen it, and even if I had I wouldn't bother as the report was a load of twaddle (hey that got past the swear filter Smiley )
N/A

Watchdog

Hmm, I wonder how reliable the results are likely to be....

It allows you to vote as many times as you like, so the results could be skewed one way or another fairly easily if somebody decided it was worthwhile!

Its also worth noting that the survey doesn't even attempt to use a random sample; by its very nature, the survey will be likely attract those who are unhappy with their supplier currently.

The likes of TalkTalk, Sky, BT etc, with their much larger customer base will be much more likely to have a higher number of unhappy punters, even though the percentage of dissatisfied customers may be lower than smaller ISPs.

It'll be interesting to see how the Beeb interpret the results to reach some sort of conclusion.

For the time being, the jury is out here - I don't see how it can be considered a worthwhile exercise, but I could be wrong.