Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was you changed over?

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Was you changed over?

Did anyone with a billing date of the 4th - 7th get changed over to the refreshed products overnight? My billing date was the 4th and nothing has happened here again.
17 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Was you changed over?

This has already been posted in the other thread that you've got open on this topic, but for clarity here's the response.

Last night the plan was changed, as moving everyone over at once on the 7th would have caused issues with the radius platform due to the number of customers that we'd have to disconnect in order for their changes to take effect.

So long as trial is a success then we will be moving two sets of customers per day, one for the current day and one for a week behind until we are caught up. So tomorrow it's customers billed on both 31st March and 7th April, Saturday we'll do 1st April and 8th April, Sunday we'll do 2nd April and 9th April etc. up to 13th April when we'll do 6th and 13th April.
N/A

Was you changed over?

Jon, why wasn't that issue foreseen?
What changed between the initial decision that customers with multiple billing dates would be moved simultaneously and last nights change?
When will there be a service update about this as the last update is now clearly wrong?
Do you foresee this problem occurring again during the month, with other people having their product change delayed? If so, when will these delays be until?
It seems as if the process is rapidly falling apart after only a few days, what went wrong, why and what is being done to fix it?
glloyd
Rising Star

Was you changed over?

So what happens if there is another powerr failure, total chaos again? In Gods name surely you must have known what you could and could not do before publishing your plans. Only yesterday it was said all customers from the 4th to the 7th would be changed over night on the 7th. Did you not know then you would not be able to carry out all those updates.

I have to say all this chopping and changing does not give the impression of a professional outfit that knows what it is doing.
JonathanW
Grafter

Was you changed over?

To be honest with you guys, I have no idea. I left work at 5pm yesterday with the last update being the one that was published via service status, saying that everyone would be done today. Then I get in this morning, and try to answer the other post from glloyd and discover that once again things have changed. I can't find anything mentioned interanlly about what led to this change, and if I'd not seen the other post I'd not have known about the change in plan.

I wasn't involved in the decisions that were made yesterday regarding how this would be handled. As for further delays, after the 13th everyone should be back on track, as that will have given us chance to switch over everyone who has been billed prior to the 13th. Personally I can forsee no further issues, but as with the start of this project being rolled live its the unforseen issues that cause the problems.

There is always the risk of another power cut, but hopefully the UPS that didn't kick in smoothly last time has been repaired and will be able to handle any future power issues.
N/A

Was you changed over?

Thanks for your reply Jon, it's very much appreciated.
Can you try to find out what's going on, and once things have settled down try to ensure that these outstanding questions are answered for both those of us on the forums and those (undoubtedly confused) customers out in the real world Wink Cheers.
glloyd
Rising Star

Was you changed over?

Thanks for the reply Jon.

Can I make a suggestion? Have ONE person giving the updates because all these different versions are just causing more and more confusion. May I also suggest who ever gives out the updates chacks and double checks before making any announcements because to be blunt the way things are being handled at the moment makes you look like a bunch of amateurs who are making all these changes on a wing and a prayer. One can just picture a bunch of you standing there with your eyes closed and fingers crossed whilst someone presses a button and hopes everything does not blow up.
JonathanW
Grafter

Was you changed over?

Once I've got a clearer picture of what is going on with this, then I'll get something in the forums and also try and get something put out to the wider customer base via service status.

As for the updates, things generally come down trough James, as the head of the Comms team and this works, as its exactly what we had in place under Stew. This means that the whole team can be out there with the same message. However, in this particular instance there would appear to have been problems with how this was communicated out to the rest of the team, particularly myself as I wasn't in the office at the time.
N/A

Was you changed over?

To be honest with you guys, I have no idea. I left work at 5pm yesterday with the last update being the one that was published via service status, saying that everyone would be done today. Then I get in this morning, and try to answer the other post from glloyd and discover that once again things have changed. I can't find anything mentioned interanlly about what led to this change

Now that doesnt suprise me in the slightest!! Id love to know whats going on in the minds of those that are deciding all these changes...are they being checked for drug useHuh seems they cant concentrate or make up their minds as to what the best option is!!!
N/A

Was you changed over?

...are they being checked for drug useHuh

There would be no point because nothing would show; PlusNet coffee is renowned for it's strength and masking ability. :lol:
JonathanW
Grafter

Was you changed over?

...are they being checked for drug useHuh

There would be no point because nothing would show; PlusNet coffee is renowned for it's strength and masking ability. :lol:

Its not just the coffee, its anything from the drinks machine :lol: As I for one never drink the coffee, but do take advantage of the free hot chocolate. Smiley

But to bring the thread back on topic a little, we're hoping to get a service status update out shortly, sometime within the next two hours.
N/A

Was you changed over?

Is the switch over still planned for today? Today is my billing day, and so from what I have read above, I should be on the new VMBU (I can see the PlusTalk stuff).
Mand
Grafter

Was you changed over?

We are hoping to have the new VMBU rolled out on Monday, this was delayed due to a couple of issues raised during the testing process.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Was you changed over?

For PAYG 10GB users, is there anything we can see that will have changed on our account when we've been changed over (we already have Plustalk so unlike PAYG users not on the 10GB special we won't see that being added).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Was you changed over?

The delayed VMBU update is another example of the chaotic "refresh" and Plusnet getting the communication priorities wrong, in my opinion.

On the morning of the launch, a self-congratulatory thread was opened on this forum and ADSL Guide, announcing that "The new product range has been sucessfully launched across all the PlusNet family of sites."

I think the fact that the new VMBU wasn't working should have been relayed to customers, but it seemingly only emerged when forum members started noticing.