cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning email. No I have used this usage - Please sort out

N/A

I am fuming.

I've just received an email to say my peak-time usage has just exceeded 12GB, and that restriction will come into force at 15GB.

NO!!!! I have not used this. I watch my peak-time usage carefully.
My VMBU currently shows peak-time usage at 4.63GB!!!!

Please can you correct this, and while you are at it, I want the new VMBU, which has still not appeared.

Cry

Moderators note by chris (fa55dsl): Caps title removed, this is considered rude and makes posts difficult to read.
31 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I've raised this internally as problem 31928 for the developers to look into and see why it's showing incorrectly.

You should already have the new VMBU though (it shows up on our side). Are you accessing it via the link on the portal or a bookmark (the link has changed slightly).
N/A

Thanks - it just came as a bit of a shock!!!

Interesingly enough, I used the link in the email and it has brought me to the new VMBU, so thanks for that. A definite improvement over the last one.

I notice on the new VMBU that the individual day totals look ok, but don't add up to the total usage shown on the summary page, which seems sky high for both peak-time usage and off-peak usage.

Mark
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Yep, that's what I see too. The totals on the summary seem to tie in with the mail, but the daily figures certainly don't. I'm not personally sure why this is the case but the developers should be able to get to the bottom of it for you.
N/A

Just as an FYI for mark and others. You can compare the old and new VMBU's as they are both present once you get moved to the new one. The URL has just changed from ending in .html to ending in .php.
Old VMBU
New VMBU
pppbm
Grafter

sietchtabr thanks for the links - having checked mine, the 'old' and 'new' do not agree and show different usage levels. Just another example of ...

I have immense sympathy for any business thet is seen to be trying hard for their customer base but I am increasingly getting the feeling that PlusNet are a business that is putting the customer second - and they really do demonstrate this almost every single day now.

I don't want to join the ranks of those who only post complaints - I would love to post a 'well done' once in a while - but frankly they haven't done anything very well for quite some time.

I am reminded of the old school report comment - 'must try harder' - the big difference now is that we are mostly grown-ups and have financial voting rights.

Back to the Topic - not sure where I am due to confusing data information but appreciate your help.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Hi,

How different are they? A couple of percentage points for previous days is normal because of the differences in how overheads are counted while the current day's usage may be different just because of the frequency of the data collection. The old usage will be at most 2 hours behind whereas the new one might be a bit further behind at the moment.
pppbm
Grafter

Good evening Dave

One shows 2.34 GB (old) and the other shows 1.76GB in total for this month.

The days also differ.

May be away shortly but appreciate your interest and will pick up again tomorow.
N/A

How different are they?

Ive been posting for the past week saying that on some days i have over 700Mb difference and others over 1Gb difference for certain days this month.
shellsong
Grafter

Did the NOT get edited out of the title when it was decapitalised?
N/A

How different are they?.

Masive difference.......

Old VMU shows

8am to 4pm usage this month: 15.23GB
4pm to midnight usage this month: 11.52GB
Total usage this month: 47.38GB

New VMU shows

Peak usage: 772.55MB 4pm - Midnight
Off-peak usage: 4.71GB Midnight - 4pm
Total usage: 5.48GB

Both are wrong. There is no way I have used 47Gb so far this month, but I have certainly used much more than 5.48Gb.

The whole VMU thing is a farce.

Bish
N/A

Not that I'm complaining. Smiley But I've got some days down as 0kb usage on the VMBU when I know I should have had significantly more usage and other days were it seems very high.
N/A

The old an new VMBU's are consistently inconsistent Wink It may not be buy a large amount in some cases (while in others it is huge) but I still don't understand why there should be any difference when the data is supposedly from the same source.
I've been enormously underwhelmed by the new VMBU to be honest. It and the associated automation of traffic management was hailed for a long time as being a major step forwards, but so far all we've seen are new and exciting problems Wink
N/A

Evil Evil
Well I'm getting extremely peeved off.
I'm on option 2 (Up to 15GB Peektime usage) and I have just received my Level 2 Premier Peak-Time Usage Management email.
My current peaktime usage at this present is either
9.92GB
or
383.07MB
depending which View my usage I look at ( old or new )
I upgrade from old premier to option 2 and was told all done and I received the email at end of last billing to say that I had been changed over. I submitted a ticket asking about this and received a reply ( after 2 days ) basically saying that maybe it didn't get changed over :x

Maybe somebody could get a finget or 2 pulled out and sort something please..
Thanks
N/A

Unfortunately nothing will even be looked into or worked on until after the bank holiday weekend, the 'developers' don't work at such times and there is usually a smaller support team working anyway.