cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Want to pay / Can't Pay

N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

There is a current problem in which you are demanding payment of invoices and threatening to cut off despite the invoice not being issued. This gives the situation of not knowing how much to pay.

You seem to be acknowledging this as a fault in response to queries/complaints.

Would it not be sensible to have an area where you could admit this kind of problem to help us stop wasting a lot of our time querying and a lot of your time responding?

There appears to be a lot of problems and complaints as a result of the takeover. Perhaps your techies need to revise the value of testing software properly before releasing it. I wonder if Metronet will be Which's best buy next time round?
46 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Want to pay / Can't Pay

Perhaps your techies need to revise the value of testing software properly before releasing it

A back out strategy would also be usful Shockedops:
N/A

Re: Want to pay / Can't Pay

There is a current problem in which you are demanding payment of invoices and threatening to cut off despite the invoice not being issued. This gives the situation of not knowing how much to pay.

I am also having this problem. Not only do I not know how much to pay, I can't find any way of preventing what seems to be the inevitable disconnection of the line as a result.

Having a 24/7 telephone number is of no help whatsoever if all you do is to end up sitting on hold listening to how much your custom is valued. Sad
Community Veteran

Want to pay / Can't Pay

See my post in Community Support > PLEASE RESOLVE THIS ASAP

http://www.metronet.co.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=105
N/A

Billing problems

I too have suffered from being chased for an unpaid bill which I have never received or been notified of, with threat of being cut off. What happened to the previous system whereby invoices were posted on one's account and notified by e-mail and payment automatically taken from one's registered credit-card?
I have to agree with others with the same complaint - customer service has greatly deteriorated. My questions remain unanswered. The recent takeover bodes ill for us all. I agree with comment that Metronet will not be "best buy" next time in "Which?".
Poised and ready to migrate to a decent ISP. What a pity - Metronet used to be so good before the dreaded takeover!
N/A

Useless e-mail

I received an e-mail saying an invoice was going to be due, but when I log in this invoice is not visible. Thus I cannot pay it and the e-mail was a waste of my time.

The really scary thing is that no one from Metronet/Plusnet seems to be responding on this forum.
Community Veteran

Want to pay / Can't Pay

What happened to the previous system whereby invoices were posted on one's account and notified by e-mail and payment automatically taken from one's registered credit-card?

:idea: It's called a Plusnet improvement Cry
AFAIK If you have a registered card - the payment will in future be collected automatically.

the really scary thing is that no one from Metronet/Plusnet seems to be responding on this forum.

I think James must be having a well deserved break Cool
N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

:idea: It's called a Plusnet improvement Cry
AFAIK If you have a registered card - the payment will in future be collected automatically.

I was initially stumped by this - got an email a few days ago advising invoice would be due soon - logged in to find that no invoice there and a warning - payment couldn't be collected.

What you have to do is register your credit card, which then allows you to pay the due bill - only when it's paid do you actually see an invoice.

As mentioned above, once you've registered your card, future payments will automatically be taken from it.

To be fair to metronet / plusnet - I've just re-read thru some old annoucements and via an email sent from metronet on 21st December 2005, it does say "please ensure 'auto-pay' is turned on to prevent future billing problems..." and further down "...your payments will now be made automatically".

However, a reminder from metronet woudn't have gone a miss, as many people appear to have been caught out by this.

Regards,
Darryl.
Community Veteran

Want to pay / Can't Pay

However, a reminder from metronet woudn't have gone a miss, as many people appear to have been caught out by this.

Also many people took the opportunity to cancel their creddit card listing because there is now no way of deleteing it and switching to another method of payment. You can of course update card details but not delete one and you can only have automatic payments. Hence a lot more confusion. Cry
N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

This is all very well, but I don't want to pay by credit card. They allow BACS and that suits me if only they would provide the invoice. Can it be that difficult?
N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

In my case I had a registered credit card going for nearly two years, so when Plus-Net took over I thought fine, just leave it as it is, it's already set for automatic payment; but no, they deleted it! Next thing - a reminder to pay (for a bill I'd never received notice of) or else!! Incidentally, other services such as PayPal warn you with plenty of notice when your credit-card is about to expire.
N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

To be fair to metronet / plusnet - I've just re-read thru some old annoucements and via an email sent from metronet on 21st December 2005, it does say "please ensure 'auto-pay' is turned on to prevent future billing problems..." and further down "...your payments will now be made automatically".

However, I was told by one of the new and improved customer support team that I would still be able to log on to my account at the end of each month as my invoice became available and pay one invoice at a time (I don't like having my card details on someone else's web database, I'm strange like that!) and uey this month I find I don't get sent an invoice to pay I get sent an overdue account email and find I can't pay it unless I register my card.

The so called 'improvement' was obviously a lie, as I'm unable to do what I was told I would be able to.

Not very happy customer. The onle thing currently keeping with Metronet is a work situation that stands on my current IP, but it's not insurmountable and I'm starting to look at other providers in the mean time.
N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

Seeing magpie-pr's last point (looking to move, like me, to a new ISP because of inadequacy of the new "customer support") makes me recall the point made earlier above by ianmetro,
viz: "The really scary thing is that no one from Metronet/Plusnet seems to be responding on this forum."
Here we are all sounding-off with similar gripes to our heart's content, yet nobody from Plus-Net seems to give a damn!
If this is the scenario on a billing/account issue, it makes you wonder what else could be slipping behind the scenes; it's an all-too-familiar thing, when good small enterprise gets taken over by a bigger one - out goes baby with bathwater!!
As I'm a member of Consumers' Association ("Which?") I guess I'd better let them know of the decline in the once-favourite ISP!
N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

Like everyone else, I find this situation frustrating and idiotic. Cry
The best I can find in the "help" pages comes in the Billing Guide.
It's been added after the bit that states that an Invoice will be raised after youv'e paid by cheque Huh?
Apparently we can ask for a Pro-Forma Invoice, ( an archaic way of doing business ), to find out what we owe. They don't suggest how to do that, so I 'm going to post a query ticket to that effect.
As for a new ISP checkout "ukonline.co.uk" if they've done the LLU on your exchange they offer 1Meg bandwidth for £9.99 /month unlimited, and speeds up to 22Meg. Cheesy
I don't think Plusnet really want the Metronet style of customer, so why did they buy the company Huh
I had hoped to wait for the "new offers" in April but can't stand much more of this !
N/A

Want to pay / Can't Pay

To the last entry, I can only say "hear, hear!".
Last week I sent a query ticket to PlusNet customer dis-service suggesting that someone from admin ought to pay attention to what's being said in the forum on this topic thread (and indeed others). So far, nothing seen!
Don't be surprised if you don't get any reply to your billing query!
Thanks for the advice about alternative ISP; my local computer guru also recommends freedom2surf.
Whatever, must be better than Metronet now is.