cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wanna get off the LLU?

N/A

Wanna get off the LLU?

Two ways quite simply.

Pay PN £47 to reconnect you to BT wholesale or...

If you were migrated to LLU before 1st June and are experiencing problems with your service then PN HAVE to transfer you back for free.

Quite simple really. It says so in their terms & cons.

Funnily PN made it very very hard when i requested to be transfered back. I think they said i didn't qualify about 8 times before i sent a complaint into ISPA who are the regulating body for ISP's.
Within 5 days of complaint i had been reconnected to BT for free of charge.

Once that was done theri customer service staff have been bending over backwards trying to keep me!

Nevertheless through principle i have decided to move over to zen now. There should be no costs to do so as they will have covered the cost when they transfered you back to BT.
Make sure you give them 30 days notice re billing and you shouldnt need to pay another penny.

Bye bye PN...
8 REPLIES
N/A

Anyene

:idea:
N/A

Wanna get off the LLU?

How are you finding Zen?
N/A

Wanna get off the LLU?

PlusNet made it very easy for me to transfer back. I raised a ticket, explaining I had been moved on 18th April this year, before the opt-out came in. I mentioned how there had been several instances of downtime in that time, including losing my connection for a period of days at least twice.

I politely asked to be moved back to whatever product BT offer on my exchange. The move was requested by PN to BT with no arguing and was completed in less than a week.

The connection speed is still mostly rubbish, but I got what I asked for without any fuss so credit to PN there. It makes migrating somewhere else A LOT easier now which is why I asked Smiley
N/A

Wanna get off the LLU?

Do you fall under the no opt-out clause if you received the notification you are going to be moved ot the notification that you have been moved before the 1st June?

I got an email on 5th May telling me I was going to be moved to LLU. There is no opt-out info in the email but the link to the website gives me an opt-out and this may have appeared after the email was sent.

The email I received on 12th July tells me I have been moved to LLU and there is no way of opting out once the order has been completed.

What email counts as the 1st June cut-off for free a swap back to BT? I am not happy at the disconnections I have received and as I left Tiscali to join Plusnet, quite simply, I don't trust them.
N/A

Wanna get off the LLU?

I am hopefully in the process of switching back to being connected via BT. Had loads of problems with Tisacli as LLU provider. Including losing connection 3 Sundays in a row for the whole day.

Supposedly should be free and supposedly should get MAC code back from Tiscali on Tuesday and order for BT placed, but I don't hold out a lot of hope.
N/A

Wanna get off the LLU?

Glint: You were really lucky. Pn messed me about no end in exactly the same cirs as u. Hence why i decided to leave.

Daves: In theory when you were told that you were going to be migrated there would have been no option for you to opt out, hence their terms stating "if you were moved before 1st June, before the opt out". You should qualify for this reason alone. The fact that they didn't actually migrate you until July shouldn't really cause a problem although i bet it will! Good luck. If you need any advice you'll have to email me as i wont be around here long.
Jamesdandcoke@yahoo.com

Good luck all.

Ps I migrate to Zen in two days! I cant wait. Their forums have Zero people moaning about service! Nothing like these boards!
N/A

Wanna get off the LLU?

Ps I migrate to Zen in two days! I cant wait. Their forums have Zero people moaning about service! Nothing like these boards!

Ok, please let us know how you get on with them.

Im thinking about choosing Zen or http://www.xifos.net
carrot63
Grafter

Wanna get off the LLU?

PN didnt give me any grief about migrating me back. I had no prior notification email and there wasnt even an argument. Only problem is, that was 2 months ago and since then very little has happened except the occasional remark about "we are chasing BT to complete the order" every now and again, and having my phone cut off in what I can only assume was a BT engineer (or tiscali??) engineer mistaking the phone bit of my connection for the ADSL wire.

As of yesterday its a moot point as to what I am on, as I now have no broadband at all. Sync light went off and a fault has now been raised to ... Tiscali. Given the circumstances, ending up with no connection seemed ineitable and I am loathe to believe this is some random fault, the dead hand of BT or Tiscali is in there somewhere.

I finally had the first sensible conversation about this with a knowledgeable member of PN staff, and he's promised to get things moving, so maybe being cut off was actually worthwhile - if I end up back on BT sometime this week.

Impressed? I think not.