cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Waiting for over 18 months..........

N/A

It's a long story..... but a very familiar one.......

ADSL dropouts all the time..... HOURS/DAYS on end sometimes...

PN say it's hardware, then master socket, then interference.....

We've replaced the modem, then the PC, all new MF's, also new PC's and...... PN still won't get BT to come out.

Then, a chance discussion with our neighbour reveals that they're out in the garden because Broadband is down (they're with another ISP). So a quick chat to 2 or 3 more neighbours and we ALL have broadband problems ALL at the same time and 4 out of 5 of us are with different ISP's.

Question. Will PN go through the same boring "have you changed your modem" blah, blah, blah script, *or* will they get BT to come and sort the problem out?

On a personal note *I* have done 99% more work to sort this problem out than PN have and over the last 18-24 months PN have continued to take my money every month - is that right?

And Yes, I am VERY hacked off! Evil
7 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear aboutthe problems yourself and your neighbours have been seeing. From the sounds of it I think we can be pretty certain that there's a problem BT side.

Before going any further, do you or any of your neighbours have any problems with the voice side of the line?

Assuming not I think the best thing to do is for each of you to raise a fault with your respective ISP's (unfortunately we'll still need all the answers to the standard questions) but if you can each add a note on referencing the other faults (if you know each other's phone numbers add those on too) then hopefully BT will be able to cross reference all the faults and find the cause and fix it for you all.
N/A

Hi dtomlinson,

I would have replied earlier... but Broadband was down! :-( Only just (intermitent) back

On a purely personal note - how they go about their problem is up to them I guess, but it has at least given me a bit more/enough evidence to suggest that someone, somewhere (PN, BT) other than me (who has been doing all the "doing") needs to get their finger out, and quick (not that they will of course)

I have raised a(yet another) ticket - 19114030 - but it just says the usual, non customer pleasing stuff.....

"We will continue to monitor your fault, please provide more information or further updates on the occurance of your fault. If your fault has not re-occured since our testing, please close the ticket and confirm that you are satisfied that the problem is no longer occuring.
Script User
Unused - ADC - Developers Open : Your support request has been escalated to the correct team for review.
"

......which is *NOT* what I want to hear in all honesty :-(
N/A

Oh, on a voice note...... It is generally a VERY quiet line. No interference as such, but a "quiet" line and often difficult to hear the other end of the conversation.......... don't know about the neighbours..... but I'll ask!
N/A

Use BT's test number and use the quiet line so you can hear if there is noise on the line.

The number is: 17070 and you will hear prompts.

Laters
N/A

Re: Waiting for over 18 months..........

On a personal note *I* have done 99% more work to sort this problem out than PN have and over the last 18-24 months PN have continued to take my money every month - is that right?

Unfortunately that has become the norm with PlusNet from my experience. Customers have to fight to have things investigated and do a lot of the work themselves. Even then there's no guarantee that PlusNet will actually do anything about the problems. We don't get the high level of service that we used to.
I hope you get the issue resolved, but between jumping through both PlusNet's and BT's hoops, I can foresee more frustration and a long fight before things get better.
N/A

Thanks (I think!) for the reply.

I can safely say that if PN do not pull their greedy little fingers out then I will investigate any means possible of chasing this up - if that means investigating legal means or trading stds or whatever, I do not know but at this moment in time (seeing as the overwhelming evidence points to PN / BT being the problem), if they do not do something urgently - now they have been "asked" to investigate - then I will personally treat that as theft of my money on a continuing basis. I now work from home on a regular basis and it is becoming an extremely difficult task to do entirley because of PN/BT.

That may be strong/harsh/wishful thinking *but* I am accepting no more excuses, bull, crap, whatever from PN............
N/A

Good luck with it, ncsupplies ... you have my deepest sympathy !

Although I have to disagree with sietchtabr ... I've had two really good conversations with BT fault finders in the past few days, who have been very keen to help solve my intermittent PPP disconnects (7 months and counting). Just treat them as human and assist them where you can, you'll go a long way.

PN on the other hand, are a completely different matter ... you can smile sweetly or shout your head off, they really don't seem to have the ability to solve the problems any more ... at least, if they do, they're keeping it well hidden.

Still ... I've been waiting for the launch of MaxDSL before jumping ship ... now that MaxDSL has launched, I can go looking for cheaper offers elsewhere ! I figure I'll end up doing my own support wherever I go, so if I get it cheap at least I won't be wasting money on really crap support.