cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wa-hey! Now I've got one too...

N/A

...My very own Migration Authorisation Code request thread that is. (Why do people call it a MAC code? Wouldn't that just be like saying a Migration Authorisation Code Code?) *shrugs* :/

Anyway I've finally had enough. You stick around hoping things will get better. But guess what? With more people joining than leaving it ain't never going to happen. Well that's how it seems to me.

Whilst keeping a stable connection has never been a problem for me while with PN, the gradual strangulation of the product has just gotten to be too much and now the service seems to be grinding to a halt. Therefore once my code it through I'm off. Tarra!
9 REPLIES
N/A

Ok so I have a reply to my request but they don't seem to be taking me seriously when I say that I want my MAC. The deferred payment card has been played and as a deterrent and as "a much valued customer" a token sweetener to stay has been offered. Perhaps they think I accidentally typed out my request and sent it off.

What do I do now? It would seem that I must reply to their reply then hold tight until they get round to me again.

"Please let us know how you wish to proceed. If you do still wish to cancel, please make sure that you have valid credit/debit card details registered to your account and authorise us to take your final fee."

Do I have to give authorisation in writing?
Community Veteran

No, just reply to the question stating you authorise payment and you want your MAC - this assumes you do have a valid credit/debit card on your account. Without that you cannot pay, and without payment you don't get a MAC.

Also state you are migrating, not cancelling just to make sure they understand that.

Also request that you want to be downgraded to PAYGO dialup should you leave and you will still have access to your emails.
N/A

So whats going to happen when I leave ?

I have 2 phone lines here Im going to join new ISP (bethere) on the other line , then cancel my service with PN , I refuse to have a company like this hold me by the balls over a stupid mac code
shellsong
Grafter

Why not ask for your MAC anyway? Otherwise you might end up with a tag on your line that's difficult to remove that could cost you aggro and money
N/A

Thanks for clarifying that for me Peter, I have done all that you said. Fingers crossed now. Smiley

My normal direct debit date will be on the 19th. Does this mean that I will pay this months fee and the cancellation charge only, or will there be more?
N/A

Why not ask for your MAC anyway? Otherwise you might end up with a tag on your line that's difficult to remove that could cost you aggro and money

Well my other line is actually a better quality line so bethere can go onto that one.
I actually dont think they can keep the tag on my line.. like to see them try anyway Wink
N/A

Asking for a MAC will not help you if you are having ADSL provisioned on a different line. If you request a MAC and then don't use it, nothing happens, you continue service as normal. If you want to cancel the service on a line and not replace it with another service, the only option is to cease the service.

As Peter said above though, you can request to have your account downgraded rather than cancelled, so you will still have access to your emails etc.
N/A

I dont use plusnets email , never have done (thank god) I run my own email server
joncooper
Grafter

I actually dont think they can keep the tag on my line.. like to see them try anyway

they can, and will if, for example, they don't get your final payment