cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WTF - Check your Credit card Statements

okmbok
Grafter

Anyone else been charged extra for their credit card expiring in a a couple of months timeHuh

I have been charged the following amounts extra:

Jan 2006 £5.88
Feb 2006 £5.88

WTF is going onHuh My Credit expired in the END of January.
I have updated my payment methods with my new card. They have taken the £21.99 but also another charge (above) with the cc statement particulars:
DECL AUTH DEC-EXP CD #####

This must be Plusnet because the payments are taken on exactly the same date as the 21.99
This is sounding very suspicious. Has someone at plusnt/f9 stolen my cc details and is trying to hide the theft by taking money at the same time as plusnet/f9 do?

Has anyone had this problem?

:x
12 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Sounds susicously like an F9 PN error? I would take that up with them directly and ask them why? and to refund the amounts involved unless they can justify the charges.

PS: Do it ASAP!! before it goes any further or you are hit for more fees again.

Ivan
okmbok
Grafter

Quick reply

But they claim it isnt them.

"We do not charge you £8.99" I didnt mention £8.99

I will contact my credit card company instead

Could be a scammer whos either working for or got my details from plusnet/f9 account or something and is trying to hide the transaction?Huh
okmbok
Grafter

Ok there is something suspicious here.

My Credit company says they have Declined the transactions. And that it might just be an error during plusnets monthly transactions on my credit card.

It could just be a "computing glitch". It could also be a human at work.
(I hope not)

Anyone else get other transactions on the sameday as your f9 monthly bill?
quelquod
Rising Star

It could be anyone who has stolen your card details. The credit card company will have full details of the transaction including who has claimed it and their trading details. They will forward you a photocopy of the credit card voucher if you ask.
Democracy - 3 wolves and a lamb voting about what to have for lunch!
N/A

Hi,

If you seriously think (suspect) that your CC details have now been compromised i.e. someone else has got hold of them then I would have NO!!hesitation in contacting my bank and cancelling the card and ask them to re-issue the card too you including a change of PIN.

At the very least the fastest thing you could do would be to change your PIN ASAP!! so if someone else has your card details they wont be able to use it if the PIN has been changed. just a thought.

**YES!! The CC providor will have all the transaction details as the previous person has stated.

Ivan
JonathanW
Grafter

All payments taken on your account are recorded on the account itself and are also visible to yourself via the View Transactions page. They also always show up as being a charge from ourselves, where as that is showing up as something else.

As for the possibility of someone here obtaining your card details, the vast majority of staff don't have the ability to see the full card number, so wouldn't have the opportunity to missuse customer details.
okmbok
Grafter

Still very strange the transactions are on the sameday every month as plusnet transactions
N/A

Humm!! Sorry!! NOT convinced still sounds like an F9 PlusNet error to me, even more so now that its on the same day each month? what a strange coincidence? I mean how like is it that someone is going to take funds from your account on the same day each month and it NOT be F9 PN?? come on the other one has bells on it. I dont think so!! OK just because F9 cannot prove how the funds were taken, doesnt mean it wasnt there system nor that there was an error. :roll:

I think they are denying it because otherwise they would have to pay it back and that would hurt them in the profit pocket? Shockedops: Cry

Ivan
N/A

It's very easy to find out - ask your credit card company.

They'll investigate it for you, tell you the originator of the transaction and ask you to confirm that you never agreed to pay 5.88 to them (they should be able to send you a copy of their record of the transaction). They'll refund you the money and then go after whoever took it to try a recover it from them. If they (the person/company who took the money) dispute the transaction and say you did give the okay, well... then it depends on your credit card company (some will take the money back off you until such time as the dispute is settled, some will let you keep the money until the dispute it settled).

Either way, let us know - if only to let F9 off the hook.
N/A

Put the matter to your credit card company as a "payment dispute". So long as it is a Visa/ Mastercard credit card and not a debit card, you have six months to dispute a payment and have it recalled. Unfortunately though you cannot cancel a repeat payment on a credit/ debit card, the card has to be cancelled. Much better to pay by direct debit IMO as then you have a bit more control.

Regards

Mark
okmbok
Grafter

I did call my CC company but they are declining the transactions anyway...which seems strange initself. The customer services lady on the other end of the phone wasnt too helpful apart from oh just report your card stolen and get a replacement number.
N/A

did you move house by any chance because i moved in july suppossedly for free took my f9 with me and on checking my payment records i find that i have been charged £5.88 . here is the invoice below from my f9 account

{ Qty Description Unit VAT Gross
1 ADSL Re-Provisioning Admin Charge £5.00 £0.88 £5.88 }

hope this this helps you let us know what the outcome is for you