cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW 12kbps usenet speeds - arent I lucky :(

slytuk
Grafter

anyone else getting crappy speeds today ?

note - Im sure a c word that rhymes with nappy is not really offensive anymore - it can be used on TV at any time now. Even in U certificate films IIRC...
8 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Have you checked your usage? You can do that via View My Usage under connection settings on the left.
mcguinness58
Grafter

For the past two weeks I have also been getting disgusting speeds on usenet! And that is early hours in morning like 1am!
N/A

1am seems to be classed as peak time these days. I've watched my usenet speeds and it doesn't speed up until 2am. I get about 38k and as soon as 2am hits i get full speed. happened every day that i've looked at it for the past week or so at least. Speed kicked in as I was writing this email Smiley
mcguinness58
Grafter

Well my speed has dropped anyway because i used to get 700K all the time and now i get 400K, whats happened!!!
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Well my speed has dropped anyway because i used to get 700K all the time and now i get 400K, whats happened!!!

Nothing, as far as I can see :?

We haven't made any changes to any rate limits or anything like that.

Looking over the past 2 weeks doesn't see any unnatural increase in Usenet usage either:

Look at the following too. The first graph is from Tuesday 1st May, the second from yesterday. You can see from this that we haven't got any more people using Usenet either so it's not like there's 'less to go round'.

My speeds at the time of writing are the maximum that my lines capable of - which unfortunately is a lot less than the 700kB/s you used to be able to get so not sure how conclusive that is Sad

Kind Rgds,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

slytuk
Grafter

well mine stay shite during the day - currently I am getting 20kbps - which is a little improvement over last week.

This speed has been observed since 11am this morning and not changed in the 4+ hours since starting a download.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

As suggested by Dave earlier have you checked that you are not currently restricted by your products usage allowances.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
slytuk
Grafter

"light restrictions" during peak...

Im premier member, so peak shouldnt be until 4pm

I cannot get above 20kbps virtually ever, even before hitting 13gb of my 20gb allowance or whatever.