cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WLR - Wholesale Line Rental

N/A

Do Plusnet offer it? Are they going to?

WLR means you don't need to pay (the evil) BT Evil ANYTHING. I reckon this is a very good thing and all the providers I've seen so far have made it cheaper than BT :twisted: too. It would be nice to get one bill for all my telephony needs.

Cheers, Brandnew
7 REPLIES
___oDiN__
Grafter

it woul dbe nice to not have line rental at all i rarely use the home phone as i have a contract mobile with free mins so just having a broadband only line would be great

id prob buy a skypein number and use voip and my mobile
N/A

I read that PlusNet had done an LLU deal with Easynet so maybe sometime soon you could be looking at a combined telephony/broadband bill from just PlusNet
Neil_A
Grafter

Hi there,

We haven't got any plans to do a Wholesale Line Rental product in the near future (but never say never). So that does mean for the foreseeable future you'll need to pay BT for your vocie line rental.

Easynet LLU is based on 'shared' LLU which means you still pay your BT voice line rental. Someone like Bulldog or HomeChoice use 'fully unbundled' LLU which means you pay your voice line rental to them rather than BT.

We launched PlusTalk in September so you can make free on-net and cheap off-net calls using your PlusNet broadband line. Hope that helps?

Thanks
N/A

They'd probably cap your phonecalls and restrict the numbers you can call, or something.
N/A

:roll:
N/A

Thanks Neil Armstrong (great name!),

That's a darn shame. I really love taking my money away from BT. I shall check out your plusnet rates, but like odinsrealm I rarely use the phone line. I shall check out the plustalk rates, but with the few calls I make the savings probably wouldn't cover the subscription charge.

Cheers
N/A

We haven't got any plans to do a Wholesale Line Rental product in the near future (but never say never). So that does mean for the foreseeable future you'll need to pay BT for your vocie line rental.
We launched PlusTalk in September so you can make free on-net and cheap off-net calls using your PlusNet broadband line. Hope that helps?

I think PlusNet has managed to _completely_ miss the point - what's the point in launching a PSTN gateway service when you still require your customers to pay for their BT PSTN connection anyway? Especially since PlusTalk is more expensive than BT...

I pay BT 10.50/month (for their Option 1 package) and evening+weekend UK calls are 5.5p/hour. On the other hand, PlusTalk would cost me an extra 2.99/month (e.g. equivalent to about 54 hours of BT calls). If I wasn't having to pay for the POTS connection then this would be worthwhile, but since I'm forced to pay BT it's cheaper for me to use it.

The fact that BT can do evening and weekend calls so cheaply seems to indicate that they are subsidised by my line rental - I would much prefer to have the option of going elsewhere rather than pay BT for a POTS line that I hardly use.