cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WEBDAV Access

N/A

WEBDAV Access

please!!!

This will allow users access for personal files on the move.
5 REPLIES
N/A

WebDAV

I second that. I'm hoping the more of us that ask the more likely it is we'll get...
N/A

WEBDAV Access

It would be a great feature, but it's the sort of suggestion that PlusNet have repeatedly shunned. They won't even secure their e-mail servers! Even if they did decide it would be a good idea there are also far more things higher up the chain of importance to be resolved first.

There are a number of services for accessing files on the move (via WebDAV or other means) out there already and they are probably run more solidly and securely than anything PlusNet could setup. There are even programs out there that let you use your Gmail account's space as WebDAV accesible storage.
N/A

Webdav

I use a Mac and I was trying to use it to publish an iCal calender on the internet, this is not possible without a .mac account (costly) or a WebDAV server. I got around the problem by using an automator script that uploaded the file using the FTP client Transmit. So anyone else trying to publish iCal calenders without a webDAV server or a .mac account, it can be done this way.
N/A

WEBDAV Access

That's actually some other free iCal hosts out there most notably iCalX.

For your Automator script you could also get around the need for a separate ftp client by using the build in capabilities of OS X Smiley
N/A

WEBDAV Access

OSX's built in FTP can only read from FTP and can't publish.

You'll need a third party ftp client or use the unix commands.