cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc

N/A

W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc

Just to let you know that W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc virus is getting through even with virus scanning(plus.net and Norton).
This has come in twice now, first time it got in(unopened) Norton found it.
Second time it came in an email and Norton let it in.

[Moderator's note (by csogilvie): Please do not post the same thread in multiple forums. All users can see all the forums, so posting it multiple times does not help. The duplicate thread has been removed.]
5 REPLIES
jberry
Grafter

W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc

Hi there,

No virus scanner will pick up all viruses and ours does take 24 hours to update with new virus definitions. Are your Norton virus definitions up to date? If this is not the case then it is unlikely that ous would have updated. If the problems continue then we will defuinately look into this but would require headers from the mail in link:contact us

Regards,
Community Veteran

W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc

musicman53,

Do you know if it was the original mydoom or a variant? What actually identified it as mydoom.A?

There are several variants going around so it may have been one of those which the current virus scanners don't detect yet - it often takes a day or so before variants are properly identified by the scanners.
N/A

W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc

Hi there,

No virus scanner will pick up all viruses and ours does take 24 hours to update with new virus definitions. Are your Norton virus definitions up to date? If this is not the case then it is unlikely that ous would have updated. If the problems continue then we will defuinately look into this but would require headers from the mail in <a href="http://contactus.plus.net">Contact Us</a>

Regards,

Norton virus definitions up to date(today).
One was from a uk company site in Bristol who sell concrete, I checked the email address and it was their one.
The second was from Australia.
N/A

W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc

musicman53,

Do you know if it was the original mydoom or a variant? What actually identified it as mydoom.A?

There are several variants going around so it may have been one of those which the current virus scanners don't detect yet - it often takes a day or so before variants are properly identified by the scanners.

variant.
Norton AV
Norton web site has info re that one.
I have updater that checks each day for updates and I get them the day before.
(Tuesdays), Norton AV defs are out on wednesdays.
There are two lots of AV defs, one for intelligent updater, one for normal Live update.
oliverb
Grafter

W32.Mydoom.A@mm.enc

There's only one way to deal with this thing and that is to track it down and eradicate it. It's not hard to find the ISP used, and a good ISP will pass on a warning so the customer can deal with it.

We had a quite bad problem, at the height I think we had over 100 emails per day at one point, yet I seriously doubt there were more than five computers targeting us going by the IP in the email headers.