Can customer of f9 use plusnet's new voip
http://www.plus.net/residential/voice/plustalk.shtml

Cheers Jeremy
10 REPLIES
slev
Grafter

VoIP for F9

HI

It seems this has only been announced on Plusnet and not on F9 or Free-Online which does seem to be very unfair.

I will see what I can find out.

Regards

Ian
N/A

VoIP for F9

It will come to F9 and Free-Online further down the line, but just now its only PlusNet customers.
slev
Grafter

VoIP for F9

I can't see why this can't be activated on all three visp's at the same time,

I'll wait till I find out a bit more.

Regards

Ian
N/A

VoIP for F9

I'd imagine it makes initial testing easier if its just rolled out to one VISP, and with the problems that seem to be occuring perhaps that makes sense.
slev
Grafter

VoIP for F9

I agree with you on that , but if this is true then it would make much more sense to release this to one of the smaller visp's instead of Plusnet ?

Ian
N/A

VoIP for F9

Depends... launching it on PlusNet means its more likely to be seen and tested by more users compared to F9 and FOL, which is both a good thing and a bad thing - more testers means more chance to spot problems, but more people affected by any problems.

I'm of the opinion it should be rolled out to F9 and FOL after any problems are ironed out on PN at the moment because I can't imagine it takes that much to change it...
slev
Grafter

VoIP for F9

Plusnet have not rolled out Wireless yet on F9 or Free-online and this has been live for months so I won't hold my breath for voip either.

Regards
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

VoIP for F9

Hi,

The launch of VoIP for Force9 and Free-Online is scheduled as part of the next phase.

The whole VoIP project is massive, and as such has been split up into several phases so that we can roll it out a bit at a time.

The first part which we rolled yesterday was to allow VoIP calls between PlusNet customers only. Over the next few weeks and months we'll also see the launch of the following (although not necessarily in this order)

PlusTalk for F9 and FOL
Peering with other SIP providers
PlusTalk for business customers
PSTN Break Out (make calls to landlines and mobiles around the world)
PSTN Break In (landlines and mobiles around the world can call you)

and more. (Just a note, some things may be a chargeable optional extra such as calls to landlines and mobiles).
slev
Grafter

VoIP for F9

Hi

Dave I would assume you would be under cutting BT's voip prices to gain customers ?

plus not sure if you have said yet but what would the number for each customer 055 etc ?

I big plus would be if you could have an 0870 number instead , I have tried to divert these free 0870 , 0845 to my BT voip and it's a no go they wany 9p per min even though BT charge 5p per min.

Regards

Ian
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

VoIP for F9

Hi

Dave I would assume you would be under cutting BT's voip prices to gain customers ?

Of course we will ensure that our pricing is as competetive as possible in the current market place.

plus not sure if you have said yet but what would the number for each customer 055 etc ?

Unfortunately I am unsure of what the numbering convention will be for the PSTN break-in. I will try to find out for you though and will also put your suggestions re 0870/0845 numbers forward.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵