cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vision statement update and Premier

N/A

Checking whether I understand the implications of the vision update statement for Premier account holders.

1.Do the 20GB etc limits at peak time apply to only ftp, usenet, p2p etc (basically everything other than surfing and email), so that the download speed during general internet use is not affected whether or not you exceed the 20GB etc limits? ie you always surf at up to line speed.
2.Everything at non-peak times is up to line speed – subject to fair use restrictions?
3.Is ( 2.) also true for Plus account holders?

(BTW as a new account holder, it seems fine so far to me.).
11 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Hi,

The 20gb Clean usage, on the £21.99 account, does only apply to p2p/ftp/nntp and when you will only see slow speeds on these protocols after you exceed this threshold.

During the offpeak times, then everything will run at up to line speed, subject to contention and the SUP levels of course.

This only applies to Premier, and not to any of the other accounts.
N/A

[list=1]
  • The clean allowances only apply to Usenet, P2P and FTP traffic. Everything else should be in the Titanium or Gold queues, which are up to line speed irrespective of the time of day.
  • Provided you are not being managed for exceeding the SUP levels, everything off peak is up to line speed.
  • Usenet and P2P is throttled 24 x 7 on BB+, although less heavily off peak. Details of the rate limits have not been made public by PlusNet.
    [/listShocked]

Tim
  • N/A

This is not working. I am on a PRemier account. I have zero peak time usage this month. My managed traffic rate is 5k/sec. According to all plusnet statements, I should not be being throttled but I am.

Not impressed.

Mark
    JonathanW
    Grafter

Hi,

Please keep in mind that the nntp/p2p/ftp peak time runs from 8am through to midnight, where as VMBU currently only displays 4pm to midnight.

Also, this is still a manual process, so it can take upto twenty four hours for your profile to be changed if you have been billed recently.
    N/A

Can any of the PN staff check how much REAL peak-time bandwith I have used up. The VMBU says 10GB.
    N/A

If you get a real response to that question, please let us know because when I asked the exact same question, I was told they didn't know. Now, if they don't know, how do they know to implement throttling? It doesn't work on the peak usage shown in VMU because I was being throttled a whole two weeks before that hit 20GB.

Sigh.

Mark
    Community Veteran

The implementation of traffic management on an account is automated, it's only the reseting to a clear profile after your billing date that is manual. Thus the information about 8am -> midnight peak traffic figures are not easily obtainable by CS, hence your reply.
    N/A

So what is the point of having a Premier account, again?
    Ben_Brown
    Grafter

Unfortunately that information is not available to us at this point in time.
    N/A

I assume that this was not a reply to the question about the point of having a Premier account Wink.

Tim
    N/A

I assume that this was not a reply to the question about the point of having a Premier account Wink.

Tim

LOL