cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus

N/A

Virus

I've just received an email that my anti-virus detected a virus in an attachment to. The virus was identified as "W32.Beagle.AV@mm"

I suppose the Plus.net anti-virus can't be 100% effective and it just shows you an anti-virus programme on your pc is still essential.
6 REPLIES
N/A

Virus

Be sure to raise a ticket to tell them. This usually happens when a fragment of the virus attachment gets through and has been previously dealt with. But it hasnt happened to me with a 'Beagle' so they should be told.
N/A

Virus

That is a new varient of the virus, but in theory should have been detected.
Community Veteran

Virus

Does it look like this: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/3965721.stm (this mentions Bagle.AU so your Bagle.AV may be an even newer variant)

Cold be the new Bagle virus going around which the plusnet scanners may not have been updated to detect yet. This new one is spreadng very quickly and has a hgh security rating.

[append]

This is the very latest bagle virus (there is a .AW variant already) so I suspect the plusnet scanner does not detect it yet but should do within a few hours.
N/A

Virus

It does look like the one the Beeb mention.

Subject was "Re: Thank you!" and the only thing in the main body was Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

Virus

I just got one... different one though as far as I can tell.

W32/Mabutu-A. Sophos kindly picked it up for me. Subject Line was "Im Nude".
N/A

Virus

I've received several e-mails infected with what Norton 2004 calls W32.Netsy.P@mm, contained in *scr, *.zip & *.doc attachments, from ( probably spoofed) Hotmail addresses.

Ticket has been raised, but unfortunately Norton automatically deletes the headers, so I'm unable to send them to CS for investigation.