cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virus and spam filter

N/A

Virus and spam filter

I have an ADSL Home Premier account, which I believe includes free spam and virus filtering, but when I go to the Services page to try to enable these services all I get offered is a selection of £2.50 per month 'added value' services. What am I missing?

Eric
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Virus and spam filter

Are you sure your on the new broadband home premier. It sounds like you are on one of the older ADSL home packages which does not have the spam/av included.

How long have you been with PlusNet?

Was this before 1st June 2004 (likely according to your forum joined date). If so, have you recently regraded to a higher speed or switched from an old product to the new broadband home products and paid £14.99/£24.99 to do so? If not you are not on a premier account.

Note: your were not automatically switched from the old accounts to the new. You have to request this and pay the admin fee to do so.
N/A

Virus and spam filter

I suppose that I am on one of the older accounts then. I certainly applied some time before June 1st, although the local exchange wasn't enabled until June 9th, so my ADSL service started a couple of weeks *after* June 1st. (Prior to that I was on a PlusNet dial-up account, which accounts for my joining date.)

Eric
Community Veteran

Virus and spam filter

What does it say for service when you click Account details -> view details or is it blank? If you are not sure a contact us ticker should give you the answer.

I don't have a broadband home product but I don't think you enable spam/av via the services page. That page just explains what additional options are available and probably applies more to the old products than the new. Look around the other links under my account and you should see something if you have broadband home.
jberry
Grafter

Virus and spam filter

Hi there,

I can confirm that you are on one of our older products. If you want to move onto the new product range then you will need to change your account type. There is a charge applicable, if you read through this FAQ there is all the informatuion you need on doing this:

http://portal.plus.net/support/faq/upgrade_guide.shtml

Regards,
N/A

Virus and spam filter

Thanks for that. I've raised a ticket requesting an upgrade.

Eric
N/A

Virus and spam filter

And it's now been dealt with efficiently, so thanks again.

Eric