cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virtual paths

N/A

Virtual paths

Hi can someone tell me whay a Virtual path is i got this info from my exchange service checker http://usertools.plus.net/exchanges/?exchange=Chepstow&exact=1153

cheers
15 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Virtual paths

N/A

Virtual paths

thanks peter ill get my head round it one day Smiley
Community Veteran

Virtual paths

A VP connects DSLAMS to the BT internal ATM network.

Your ADSL line is connected to a DSLAM. Up to 20 or 50 DSLAMS can be connected to a single VP (depending on its type). The VP has a traffic capacity of 4Mbs or 10Mbs and when the amount of traffic from all the DSLAMs connected oto it exceed a certain threashold it is flagged as amber. If it reaches capacity it is flagged as red. Both amber & red require BT to normally add additional VPs to the exchange to spread the traffic load and thus make the VP operate within their threashold limits.

When a VP goes amber/red throughput is affected and this is called contention.
N/A

Virtual paths

thanks again i got it now Cheesy
N/A

Virtual paths

Great explanation Peter

[Moderator's note by Tom (tomspcs) : Removed 7 duplicate postings lol. Someones trigger happy.]
SiMania
Grafter

Virtual paths

Great explanation Peter
N/A

Virtual paths

Great explanation Peter
shellsong
Grafter

Virtual paths

There's a terrific echo in here! Tongue
N/A

Virtual paths

Great explanation Shellsong
N/A

Virtual paths

I have fixed the echo by implementing some furnishings within this hollow cave. I do apologize for any inconvenience caused and any confusion suffered due to a repeated answer / statement. :lol:

Easy there rbentley youll make visitors this forum might actually be busy and popular lol Wink.
N/A

Virtual paths

Aww Tom, you didn't continue the running joke.. I am intrigued about the new decor though.
Thanks for tidying it up, even if it does make our responses look inane Wink
N/A

Virtual paths

lol what are you on about "makes us look", I was under the impression 99% of us attending these boards already were lol.
N/A

Virtual paths

Yeh, but the darkness of the caves help us disguise the fact. The soft furnishings bring the truth into stark contrast Shocked
N/A

Virtual paths

Oh well,

Its better to have forgotten and remembered than to never have known at all hey :lol: ( <-- adapted specifically for this thread ( Copyright tomspcs 2006 lol )).

I simply keep attending these boards in the hope that one day I will pass the entrance exam for the local loony bin. But then I wake up to reality each morning and realise I have a pretty long way to go. Wink